“Enjoyable Stay - would definitely go back!”

Hillcrest Guest House
Ranked #145 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2009

Have just returned from a 3 day stay in York and had an enjoyable stay at the Hillcrest Guest House. The room was clean and comfortable and the hosts were friendly, helpful and made us very welcome. The breakfast was excellent too! Would defintely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 August 2009

Myself and my husband had a lovely long weekend in York and would definately stay here again. The room was bright clean and spacious and i would reccommend this b&b to anyone. My only minor gripe was that the only mirror to use to put on my make up was the bathroom one but so what? It didn't spoil my stay what so ever.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Overall I loved the place however I will start with my one critique to get it out of the way. It was VERY WARM in the rooms. We stayed in August, and the weather in York was warm and mild with cool evenings. However, the rooms in the Hillcrest (we had two as we were a family of 6) were too warm I thought, bordering on hot. Unfortunately, the windows do not open, so I felt it was a bit stuffy. I would have liked a little more control over the temperature (with the ability to open the windows at least) but it wasn't overwhelming. In general, if you run a little hot, I would suggest calling and asking if some rooms are cooler than others.

On the upside, it was VERY clean, very comfortable, and run by a wonderful woman named Lena. Breakfast was great, she was very accommodating, kind and reasonable about our picky kids with their specific dietary needs, and there was free use of internet so I could check my email finally!

It was close to the center of town (maybe a ten minute walk) as well.

All in all, I was very pleased with my stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We booked this guesthouse the day before we travelled to York when there was very little accommodation available (due to the York races, we found out later). However it must have been fate as it was the best guesthouse I have ever stayed in.

I travelled with a friend and her two children and we had one of the attic rooms with four beds. The room was large, airy and extremely clean. The room and bathroom looked newly refurbished and the beds were very comfortable with pristine white linen.

Breakfast was very good and all the staff were excellent. If I go back to York, I'll definitely book to go back the Hillcrest Guest House.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank MandyOxted_Surrey
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Single Bussines Traveler
Managed to find a room here at the last minute, didn't expect much but it was a vast improvement on some of the single rooms I've stayed in before, very comfy bed. Everything in room was new including ensuite with added bonus of free WiFi. Although unable to take breakfast due to an early start a packed breakfast was provided by the owner. Excellent valuefor money and will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business