2,847 results
All reviews spa facilities brace restaurant executive room poachers bar steam room golf buggy hunters restaurant turn down service the main hotel main hall every member of staff luxury hotel underfloor heating small balcony birthday treat relaxing break first class
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My husband booked a night away as a surprise for me. We visited here about 4 years ago and loved it then, so I was happy that the hotel had not lost its charm and if anything had gotten better.
The staff were very friendly and professional especially Paul who offered to carry out bags, Park the car and show us to our room. He had a cheeky sense of humour that made us feel relaxed straight away.
The room we got was a nice size, clean and tidy with all the facilities you would need. The bathroom was large with plenty of towels, robes and slippers. It also had underfloor heating which was great. Although it was a lovely room it was on the top floor and only had two sky lights so we didn’t have a view, this was a shame as I know the gardens are beautiful. The hotel didn’t seem over busy so I thought they would have put us in a better room.
I had a back massage which was lovely. The relaxation room was nice but only had three beds and a couple of chairs so got quite snug if it was full. The pool area was very clean and tidy with plenty of beds for lounging.
Breakfast was very tasty,you could tell they used top meat and ingredients. I had eggs Benedict which was nice but small portion. On the menu it said it came on a muffin which it did but only half of one! For £15 I would have expected the other half too.
Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé visited here on New Year’s Day. We had stayed here a couple of years before and had a lovely time so we were excited to stay here again. We arrived around lunch time and spent the day in Whitby and got to the hotel around 3pm, our room was ready and the service from the beginning was superb. We were shown to the room by a really lovely man who was very chatty and told us everything we needed to know about the room and the hotel. The rooms are nice and clean and they have amazing views from the balcony. We then went to the spa which is nice and has everything you need but I would say to make this place even better they need a larger spa area with more facilities as it feels very compact.

For dinner we went to the Brasserie restaurant. The food was great and the service was excellent, we were served by a lady who I think was the manager. She was brilliant, very friendly and had excellent knowledge of the menu. They also had a singer on during dinner who was amazing.

We had a lovely stay here and will hopefully be returning again soon x

1  Thank princess1107
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Myself and my friend decided to book an overnight stay at Raithwaite for her birthday and we were not disappointed! From the moment we arrived and the door was opened by a lovely man dressed head to toe in tweed; to my car being ready and waiting, fully de-iced, when we departed, this was a lesson in customer service and indulgence!

We booked an twin executive room which had the most amazing bathroom (bigger then mine at home!) and all the amenities you would expect including wonderfully comfy beds. We also had a balcony with table and chairs though the only use this had was to act as a fridge for the bottle of prosecco we brought with us! Though to be fair we didn't need it as we asked at the bar for a ice bucket and champagne glasses and they were only too happy to oblige.

We had also booked a treatment in the spa. The spa itself with pool, jacuzzi, steam room etc was lovely and really relaxing, however I will say that the treatment was a little disappointing.

We booked a shellac pedicure and we were both in the same room (which we requested), however we were sat on massage beds which wasn't very comfortable and they didn't have an extension lead so my friend had to contort her leg to be able to put her foot in the uv lamp. There also wasn't much choice in colours and as we both picked the same they had to take it in turns to use it (possibly worth having two of each colour). My therapist also missed a bit of hard skin on my toe which I didn't notice until after the treatment was finished.

Perhaps I am spoilt as the pedicures at my local salon are amazing (Concepts Beauty in Lindley, Huddersfield by the way) but this was the only part of our visit that left us a tad deflated.

The rest of the experience at Raithwaite was fantastic though. We booked a meal in the Hunters Lodge and, as it was in a separate building about 200m away and it was a very cold, icy night, we were chauffeur driven to and from the venue!

The Hunter's itself was gorgeous, very quiet (but it was a Wednesday night) and the food was delicious.

The breakfast was in the main building which we had in the huge conservatory and again wonderful with so much choice.

So my friend and I have both agreed that we would definitely go back, however we would find a local salon in Whitby to have a treatment beforehand.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed for one night with my husband in a deluxe double on 1st floor of main hall. Overall we we impressed by the standard of decor and maintenance of our room & all public rooms. Lots of wood, natural stone combined with modern glass & stainless steel. I especially liked the conservatory with fabulous views of the grounds.
We ate in the brassiere £113.40 including wine so not cheap but it was my birthday so we didn’t mind. Food portions rather small I had lamb & my husband duck though not the best that we’ve ever eaten.
We used the Spa facilities - again nicely kept area.
Loved having an nespresso coffee machine in the room - nice touch.
Would like to return maybe in the spring as it was bitterly cold outside so didn’t fancy exploring the grounds at this time.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

If there is a better hotel on the east coast of Yorkshire I’d be amazed.

Simply beautiful setting and hotel.

The staff make you feel very special and can’t do enough for you.

A luxury hidden retreat. Can’t wait to visit again. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2017