“Without a doubt the best new bar/restaurant in Whitby and my new favourite!”
Review of Mademoiselles

Mademoiselles
Ranked #1 of 225 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$7 - US$37
Description: Mademoiselles is a French Style cafe bistro with a cozy, quirky ImaGinarium, a Cellar Bar & pretty courtyard. We are open 5 days a week, 10.30-17.00 Tuesday & 10.30-22.30 Wednesday. We offer a simple supper menu on Wednesdays, often with a musician from 7pm. Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10.30-23.00 When we offer a 2 & 3 course set menu serving from 6.30 -8.45pm. Great wine list & amazing Gin menu! The bistro is elegantly styled, in relaxing, comfortable surroundings. Although we don't allow dogs in the bistro we have a courtyard where they would be most welcome! Our food is French & rustic in style. Our menu is small & has been carefully chosen so that there is something for everyone. We also have great vegetarian & vegan choices on offer. As we are Fully licensed, the bistro, Gin room, courtyard & cellar bar are open just for drinks. Our cellar bar & courtyard are proving very popular for group bookings with various platters & nibbles being a great choice.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was driving down Skinner Street one cold and wet evening when my eye caught the warm glow coming from the window of Madamoiselle’s; it looked so striking and inviting that as soon as I got home I looked it up on the internet.

After several weeks of first seeing it I finally managed to visit with my husband last weekend; first for an afternoon tipple and then again the following day for dinner.

The décor is amazing inside and it really does make you want to grab a seat and stay there for the whole afternoon/evening. The drink selection and glassware are wonderful; the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and, the food….well to say absolutely delicious would be an understatement…it was divine! They have a small but perfectly cooked French menu and the French onion soup was the best I have ever eaten; both here and in France! In fact I couldn’t stop raving about it!

We also had a chat to the owners after dinner who were such lovely people that, along with all of the other great things about the bar/restaurant, really did make you long to come back…..as soon as possible.

Thank you to all of the staff for making our evening so memorable!

2  Thank Zacaaryus

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely place. Decor is right in fashion menu is varied and good. All the staff really nice. And most of all on both occasions I’ve visited I felt relaxed and comfortable including the second visit when I had three small children with me

1  Thank Blancho
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Family of four, had a fabulous afternoon sampling the amazing gin cocktails and enjoying the fabulous ‘Moulin Rouge’ decor!’ We especially loved the creative gin cocktails hence we named it the ‘Fat Duck of Gins!’
Will definitely be back in the summer!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Very welcoming staff and great food, menu isn’t extensive but some nice things on it.
Onion soup was great and boeuf bourguignon was nice with perfect vegetables
Food is a great price but you will be stung on the bar, 2 gins with a shared tonic at £15 is steep even for quality gin
They are trying to be all things with a lounge to sit and drink in, we were next to this and the cackling women in there were a bit loud which disturbs the intended atmosphere a touch, still worth a visit

1  Thank Lemonblade
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I was captivated by the exquisite decor when passing by! Period furniture, chaise longues, chandeliers, candles and fairy lights. Of course I had to go in! I received a warm greeting from two fabulous ladies who spent time chatting despite being busy, which really put me at ease. I had tea when visiting in the afternoon then popped in for a bloom gin cocktail the next day. Highly recommended served with quality tonic and strawberries. The atmosphere was so cosy when I popped in later in the evening and I really think they have some lovely staff there with excellent customer service skills. For me that's really important. I hate being served by someone who doesn't care about their job and would rather pay a bit more for better quality. Looking forward to going back soon and trying the food.

1  Thank fi123Sheffield