“Thursday Lunch”

The Library Restaurant Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Library Restaurant Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #254 of 881 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The largest Norwich project to date from Jayne and Nigel Raffles, The Library Bar truly has the wow factor A former Grade 2 listed subscription Library . Set in a building dating back to the 1830s, The Library Bar and Grill mixes old fashioned exterior with a gorgeous contemporary interior. The original panelling, shelving and lighting remains inside where a wow factor glass ceiling allows light to stream over the designer-feel place settings. Elsewhere a courtyard overlooks the hustle and bustle of Norwichs market place while a lounge bar and gallery make The Library a totally multi functional venue. For added dazzle, delicious brasserie food is cooked on a wood fired grill.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Came in with my elderly mother who had been here previously and enjoyed her meal.
Restaurant was very quiet which was a shame as the staff, food and service were all excellent. We had the fixed price lunch with a drink and coffee. The starters and mains were generous in size and freshly cooked. We enjoyed the soup, bruschetta, lemon and thyme chicken and fish and chips. Will definetly be calling again when I am next in the city. Give it a try!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stopped here totally unplanned today as we had a day with my son at nursery. I hadn’t eaten here for a while and always remembered the food being very good. Had the fixed two course lunch for £10.95 which is very reasonable. Starters were lovely and my houmous antipasti was very tasty and fresh. Houmous, olives, sundried tomatos and salad all with lovely bread. My wife had breaded mushrooms which she informed me were lovely. I had a burger for lunch and it was very tasty and really well cooked. Staff were very attentive and had a good sense of humour and made us feel very welcome. I would recommend this place to anyone, especially if you are looking for a cheap, quick and tasty lunch.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch , had fixed menu 2 courses £10.95 it was really nice, freshly prepared and tasty. Friendly, pleasant staff, quite a wait on the food but 2 members of staff apologised for this. Staff checked we were happy with each course. Attentive

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Sunday roast at the library restaurant

Vegetables were boiled to within an inch of the lives - pure mush, very strange grey cauliflower cheese reminiscent of baby food. Yorkshire puddings were dense not airy (over filled with batter/too colder oven)

The saving grace was the meat which was cooked very well along with the roast potatoes.

The dining area was freezing. Radiators were not even turned on in the toilets, unpleasant to say the least

Desert was fantastic, that’s if you like your rhubarb crumble tasting like blue cheese! A shocking display of not washing up properly. The waiter assured that there was no cheese within, merely burnt sugar on top of the crumble...

4  Thank mikedavidsthesecond
Reviewed 18 March 2018

All our meals were good but mine (beef cheek) was only warm not hot. It didn't help that the room was so cold we kept our coats on ! When mentioning this to a staff member, rather than turning on the heater above our heads, he said 'it's a big old building'!
The young girl who served us was really good and we wanted to tip just her but all tips went in a pot to be shared with all staff. There was only one hot pudding on the menu and by this time I was so cold I needed something hot. However, the sticky toffee pudding was served with ice cream ! I asked for custard instead only to be told they didn't have any in the restaurant. Had cream instead. The food was average but being so cold, and too close to the tables either side of us it wasn't an enjoyable experience.