“Good service and friendly staff”
Review of Mambo Jambo

Mambo Jambo
Ranked #135 of 900 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: About Us... We are based in the heart of Norwich and are known for being a hot ‘n’ hopping place to eat. We specialise in Mexican and South American flavours, combined with a themed atmosphere making our venue the perfect place to have birthday parties, corporate function, leaving do’s or a great night out with friends. We are a family run restaurant and have been serving customers for 23 years.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Booked this restaurant for a party of 12 fussy people, all with different tastes. The service was good although pre-ordering most meals helped. The food fresh and plentiful and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. All 12 went home happy.

1  Thank Jimmaynard140

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Best in class food and very good service. The food was awesome especially the Tacos and Fajitos. The dim light ambience was really good and brings in a Mexican flavor. The place is kids friendly but accessibility is bit difficult as its on the first floor with no elevator.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I’d previously informed the restaurant that it was for my son’s birthday but it looks like they’d forgotten as I had to remind them of the ‘free’ cocktail he was allowed. We also didn’t get the birthday music played but that was no loss as the food/service and quality was great! Will definitely return

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Was a walk in at 5.30 on a Saturday night place was nearly empty was told on arrival would have to check found a table. Waitress was friendly we order food was out within minutes my chicken was probably cooked 2 hours ago and reheated very dry and tough and the coating didn't taste of much my partners ribs were no better than Wetherspoons offering.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Mambos last night with a group of friends. Haven’t been there in years but remembered it as a good place to eat. I had forgotten that the floors are uneven and it sort of slopes- be careful with your footing as I missed a very small step ( no warning) and nearly toppled over - wasn’t drinking! We shared nachos for starters which was fine. I ordered the paella, this was below average. It was the fish one but the bits of fish and meat were tough and I’m not sure if the prawns were fully cooked. I don’t normally worry about food poisoning but the thoughts did go through my mind at the time ( don’t worry I wasn’t ill ). However some of my friends had the fish and said it was lovely and others had the typical Mexican food and enjoyed it only one other felt disappointed. However it was the waitress that pulled the score down- she was sullen when we arrived and then was rude to one of my friends. Granted he can be immature at times however it was noticed by all her attitude. May not go back.