Lowest prices for your stay
US$77
SAVE US$19
Expedia.comUS$77
PricelineUS$77
ZenHotels.comUS$93
All reviews basic hotel key card plenty of parking city centre reception staff asda cereal inns norfolk
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

Room nice and clean even after my 1st night housekeeping cleaned and tidied my bed - awesome. Doesn’t happened in higher class hotel true COVID-19
Original reservation was in Mercury across the road, but in Mercury reception staff has been rude and misleading regarding reservation also Mercury internet was down- cancelled reservation and booked in Holliday Inn - no issues

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Darren Fulcher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2021

Hi AlgisLab,

Thank you for your kind 5 star review. I am happy that your room was nice and clean and that your room was cleaned for you during your stay.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2020

We have had a couple of stays at this hotel, we book two rooms, one for us and one for our grown up sons. Yes I would agree that the rooms are tired, but for the price, which includes breakfast I think this hotel is excellent value for money. The keycards are a pain to be honest as they don’t always work! It’s not a 5* establishment, if you are looking for a swish, luxury hotel book one & pay the price. If you are looking for a basic hotel in a good location, you can’t go far wrong. Every member of staff that we have met, have been really helpful & polite. Particularly the lovely breakfast staff. I would have no hesitation in recommending.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Sarah B
Darren Fulcher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Hi Sarah B,

Thank you for your kind 5 star review. I am happy to read that you find the team to be helpful and polite and the breakfast team in particular.

You will be happy to hear that we have a brand new key lock system which means the issues with getting into your room are a thing of the past. We were supposed to be having a full refurb earlier in the year however this has been delayed due to the pandemic. This should however be completed soon.

I hope you can visit once the work has been complete.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2020

Our first staycation during COVID19 and our first trip to Norwich. Hotel and room was clean and comfortable. Staff were very welcoming and friendly during our five-day visit. We requested that our room not be cleaned each day and this reduced the number of people entering our room. There were sanitizing stations all throughout the hotel. Breakfast was very well co-ordinated. There was still a decent choice of a cooked breakfast, cereals, juices, fruit, toast and croissants - you could also choose to take a tray back to your room if you were uncomfortable eating in the dining room. My only gripe was that you only get half a cup of tea or coffee but just ask for a jug of hot water to top it up. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel. There is a car park next to the HIE car park which could get noisy at night - but that isn't the fault of the hotel and it didn't last long. We would definitely return here again. Norfolk is a beautiful county with many interesting places to visit (even during these strange times). Thank You to all the hotel staff for making our short break such an enjoyable experience.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Lizzieb187
Darren Fulcher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

Hi Lizzieb187,

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy that you enjoyed your first staycation during the pandemic with us. It's great that you found the hotel room was clean and comfortable and that the team were welcoming and friendly. We have worked hard to ensure that we create a safe and clean environment during the pandemic so I am happy that you recognised this.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2020 via mobile

First time I have visited Norwich and got a great deal for bed and breakfast for me and my fiancée. Due to Covid it was a bit strange but the hotel handled it very well it was a bit slow checking h in but that was fine as there was a few of us at the same time. The room was very clean, tidy and comfortable. The staff very helpful and friendly. The evening meal was very good. Breakfast was handled extremely well under the circumstances and the food well cooked and piping hot. Again the staff were brilliant. Would be happy to stay there again and hopefully will do in the not too distant future

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Darren Fulcher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Hi GordonMogg,

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to read that we handled the covid restrictions well and that the room was clean, tidy and comfortable. It's also great to read that the team were helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed breakfast and dinner.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2020

The hotel staff were excellent, Friendly, Helpful and covid safety aware. The hotel was clean and well maintained, they had put good Corona virus measures in place and I felt comfortable and safe. (The outside of the hotel adjoins the David Lloyd leisure club which was extremely tired and tatty but don't let that put you off,) The hotel is just off the city ring road and made an excellent base for going out to explore Norfolk.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank sdsdeeley
Darren Fulcher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Hi sdsdeeley,

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to read that the team were happy and friendly and that the hotel was clean clean and well maintained. We have worked hard on our Coronavirus measures whilst trying to maintain good service so I am happy that you can see that.

I hope you can visit again soon.