“Bad attitude from staff”
Review of Wensum Guest House

Wensum Guest House
Ranked #17 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Bad attitude from staff”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We could not afford a family holiday this year so we decided to visit friends for the weekend in Norwich. Our room was pleasant, a family room for three, however i like to sleep with the window open and the constant noise from the traffic kept me awake. The lamp on my side of the bed was broken, i reported this to the lady on reception, to be informed that all the lamps were rubbish and forever breaking, she informed me she would get her partner to look at it, it was never replaced or even mentioned again. Breakfast on Sunday morning was a joke, we arrived at 9.30 and the dining room was very busy, there was only a table for 2 although there were a couple of people who were on their own and sat at a table for 2, however when i asked if it was possible to have a table for 3 so that our son could eat breakfast with us , the reaction was absurd, HOW can you expect me to sort that out for you, we are fully booked and you cant expect me to organise it... i was told, my son had to wait in the bedroom untill a a table was frre by which time we had finished our breakfast., i was really upset, we observed a lady get up from her table to make toast, the staff claered away her breakfast, which she was still eating, another guest sat at the table unaware that the lady was making her toast, when she arrived back to her now non-excistent breakfast and the chap who sat at her table was asked to move, the poor lady then had to ask for a cup for her tea !! i would not recommend this guest house based soley on the attitude of the staff. Thanks for making my weekend a memorable one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Essex, England
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Wensum Guest House for one night and was made to feel welcome from the start. We had a lovely en-suite double room, which was tastefully decorated, and was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and as a result we slept extremely well. Breakfast was very tasty and of good quality produce, and had a good selection of cereals, fresh fruit, toast and a cooked breakfast, a good meal to start the day. The staff were extremely helpful on our stay. We had another room booked for the following night at a hotel in lowestoft, when that hotel rang us to say our room was double booked, the staff at the Wensum did everything they could to help us find another room as the Wensum were unfortunately fully booked for that night. Many Thanks to the staff at the Wensum. I would definately recommend this guest house! Top Marks all round! :-)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

stayed here recently with my family over a weekend , woke in the morning, to no hot water, a truly hideous way to start the day. No access to wi fi, and wasnt the only guest complaining about this, But what truly irks is the attitude of the guy who runs it, this bloke positively simmers with anger, his wife is lovely and helpful, but he is rude, No wi fi,? his answer was "I cant do anything about it , I,m doing breakfast, no hot water, well thats never happened before, Now this may all be true, but seriously guys, no hot water in the morning, no wi fi, and rock hard mattresses, in anyones books this is a lousy stay, and apologies ring hollow. it cant be hard to beat this. 4 stars no way.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Spotlessly clean very high standard very accommodating I arrived at 12.30am so they kindly left key in the key safe with clear instructions on how to locate room ect ... Which was all very easy to find ample parking in car park overall very impressed there are 2 things I would add or improve how ever you want to put it 1,I would of loved to of seen a small chilled bottle of water in my room on my arrivel might be asking a bit much but have seen this in other guest houses I have stayed in 2, I would of liked the option for poached egg instead of fried egg for breakfast in morning but then again I should of asked may be I would of got but they should offer the choice as I said overall very good very impressed and would return

• Stayed June 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Great for City centre, walk down Dereham Road and into St Benedicts and you're there. Secure car park and large enough for several cars. Very modern, well furnished, wi-fi available and excellent breakfast.

If you want to eat and drink closer to the hotel, try The Reindeer, 10 Dereham Road, good selection of beers and wines and great pub food.

Very good stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Brownhare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
1.8 km away
3.8 km away
Holiday Inn Norwich
Holiday Inn Norwich
#20 of 50 in Norwich

Been to Wensum Guest House? Share your experiences!