“Sterling Staff”

Borders, United Kingdom
“Sterling Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Dear George (or whomsoever is in charge),

I had trouble connecting via the Best Western Hotel (BWH) website and so write to express my complete gratitude to you for having the good fortune to have employed on your staff the most helpful Ian (I'm sorry I don't know Ian's surname). Ian was on duty when I arrived at the George late on Tuesday evening (15th February). I had just traveled over from Bedford after two grueling days in Tribunal and en-route I couldn't get my 'phone car-charger to work. Consequently I was incommunicado and flustered when I arrived at the hotel. Ian very kindly inquired among the staff at the George looking for a charger for my Blackberry but it seems I had an older version that was not compatible with those he found.

Undaunted but recognising my predicament Ian then said that he thought he might have a compatible computer adapter at home and that he would drop it off for me the following morning before I left for my next hearing, in Norwich. To be honest I first thought that it would be unlikely to coordinate a meeting particularly as he appeared to be working late that evening. How wrong I was! The morning receptionist had the cable there ready for me, as dropped off early by Ian.

She promptly proceeded to get my 'phone charging for me and my bacon was saved!

What can I say? I was going to put some cash aside for Ian but I decided that a recommendation might yield higher long-term interest??

I discovered the delights of BWH whilst on holiday in New England last Autumn. I've used them ever since on business and privately and have yet to be disappointed.

Please pass on my heartfelt thanks and best wishes to Ian.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank butterbelly
ArlingtonNorwich, Director of Operations at BEST WESTERN George Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you very much indeed for this very positive review. I will most definitely pass on your thanks to Ian and his team and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Best Western George Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Julie

Director of Operations
Arlington Hotel Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Our Rotarian group meet here weekly and this includes a a first class meal at a really modest price The staff are without fail, warm, welcoming and professional. I would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely, small, friendly hotel in central Norwich.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank 4Margaret
Ian and his team at The Best Western George Hotel Norwich continually strive to provide the very best in efficient, professional and above all warm and friendly service and your review reflects this. Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review, it is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Julie

Director of Operations
Arlington Hotel Group
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

we live locally so didn,t use the accomodation, but we chose to celebrate a family birthday here. easy to book, when we arrived complimentary balloons on table ,a lovely touch, food was superb, steak cooked chargrilled with hand cut real chips, staff so friendly, even sang happy birthday! a perfect evening. thankyou.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sandra f
South Shields
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I used this hotel as a base whilst visiting my daughter and her family over the Christmas holidays. From arrival to leaving the staff could not have been more helpful or charming, my room was warm, very clean and well maintained during my three day stay. The dining room staff were very good and served me very well. The cheerful attitude of the staff even though they were working over their Christmas, as well as mine was heartwarming. Thank-you all.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruce P
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Shame about the George Hotel, checked in with a warm welcome at the desk and upgraded as a gold card holder to room 128, OMG ! Holes in the carpet, dirty walls, bath not working and a dribble from the shower.

Restaurant and bar very good with good quality food at a reasonable price, and a very nice breakfast. Upon check our I enquired about the standard of other rooms, as I had booked 6 more rooms for colleagues for the next 5 night, a tidy bit of business, the receptionist informed me that I was upgraded to the worst room in the hotel which had now been taken off line. No suggestion of a refund or apology, or a least the mention of compensation as the company had booked rooms for the next 5 nights.

Extremely poor service Best Western and not the serve expected when the economic climate is fragile, at a push 1/12 -2 out of 10. Poor service, Poor Hygine, Poor standard.

Room Tip: Make absolutely sure you check your room first before relying on the front desk, that it is the best...