All reviewsrose lanecity centrepubs clubsroom was cleanrailway stationbudget hotelmin walkshort stayall you can eatovernight staydouble bedmulti storeytea and coffeevery pleasant stayone night staybusiness tripthe ground floor
Reviewed 30 March 2018

the staff were very obliging changing our room from two doubles to double rooms with spare beds (they don't do twin rooms) which meant we didn't have to share beds. There was also a restaurant on site which served a lovely buffet breakfast. Only negative is that they don't have any emergency supplies of toiletries , so friends daughter who had forgotten toothbrush was out of luck. no shops were open , they used to sell emergency supplies. overall though would use travel lodge again, but would probably stay in the centre.

Room Tip: ask for rooms at back of hotel, it can get pretty noisy at 2am at the front
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Room stunk and had damp mould all across the skirting board, told staff and they changed my room but didn’t apologise or say they would look into the issue with the room.
Location handy as it’s near the train station but is also next to several night clubs so be prepared to get minimal sleep.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Norwich Central Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear of your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we have passed your comments onto the hotel manager as this does not reflect Travelodge standards.

Could we kindly ask you to contact one of our Customer Services Advisors via our website help form with a copy of your review to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I got a very good deal with Travelodge, only £28 for the room. When I arrived at reception the male receptionist was very warm and checked what sort of room would be most suitable for my disability, rarely has any receptionist shown such concern. I did have a problem with the shower, couldn't get any cold water so ended up scalding myself. Bedroom itself was very comfortable indeed television on the wall was set in the right place to watch it in comfort whilst lying in bed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 16 March 2018

The hotel itself is just a 5 minute walk from the train station and right near the centre so ideal for a quick stay over. We stayed just the one night as we headed to a gig in the evening.
The rooms are basic but everything you need for a short stay is there. There is a restaurant on the ground floor serving food most of the day; we had the breakfast buffet which was great value for money!
The bar is also 24 hours for residents so we were able to enjoy a nightcap drink before heading to bed.
My only complaint really was the rooms were a little stuffy but the windows do open for fresh air. On that note too, the hotel has some busy streets around it plus some night clubs nearby so when you book, request a quiet room. We stayed in the week so night life was more subdued but a weekend stay may be different.
Overall this is a good little hotel for a short stay and budget and I Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room at weekends as there are a couple of nearby nightclubs
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2018

This is converted building so room size can vary. I've stayed here quite a few times. The room price reflects that this isn't the quality of the neighbouring Premier Inn. You get what you pay for - so I think some of the review on here are harsh. Btw, Norwich is usually sold out at the weekends, so if you want a good price book early.

I had breakfast once and not again as I don't need "value" sausages.

Rooms cold - I was surprised on my last visit that I had to turn on the heating as soon as I got into the room. I'd have expected a warm room on arrival. Rooms are clean and tidy but most are a bit bleak. Wifi beyond 30 minutes always extra. However the water is hot, the bathroom clean and beds are comfortable.

No parking - Rose Lane is just across the road so that's not an issue.

Reception staff are consistently positive and welcoming.

In summary, it's not my first choice for a night in Norwich - but I don't mind staying here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business