number 17
Barnham Broom(Barnham Broom)
US$261
US$227
Travelocity
All reviewsfresh fruitcharming courtyardsingle beds upstairspretty courtyardfamily roomconverted barnkippersfull englishlanes arealovely cooked breakfastmain buildingcar parkbeautiful bathroomhanging spacecity centreexcellent locationnext morning
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed at number 17 when I was in Norwich on business. Very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great. So good in fact I'm due to stay there again next month!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed with 3 friends for the weekend at this lovely B & B. Very clean with everything you needed in the room. Jim and Glynis were very friendly and welcoming and extremely patient with the numerous phone calls from one of my friends who got lost in the one way system! The breakfast was lovely with fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, croissants of course the full English which was delicious with the best bacon I have eaten for years. I would certainly recommend staying here if you are looking for a base within about 10 minutes walk of the centre.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed for 7 nights at Number 17, and could not have been happier. Excellent accommodation, fantastic breakfast, chatty and friendly owners (Jim and Glynis) and exceptionally convenient for the tourist. We could walk everywhere, and found some great restuarants close at hand. We would definately stay there if we returned to Norwich (from Australia).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2011

In a quiet little street in the picturesqueTombland area, a short taxi or bus ride from the station and near the shops and market, as well as the cathedral and lanes area. An unusual and imaginative layout, using the orginal building and the old workshops (?) at the back. The rooms are fairly small, but comfortable and well-furnished. The bath/shower rooms are of a high standard and the breakfast is lovely, with fresh fruit and breakfast cooked to order. The family room is very tastefully decorated and spacious. If it gets too warm, you can open the window. Near the Rib of Beef (great beer and riverside drinks) and the Spanish restaurant. (forgotten its name!)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have just had yet another really lovely stay at Number 17. Love Norwich but Number 17 is the icing on the cake - was very upset when I couldn't get a room there a couple of trips ago!!!
Standard of decoration, attention to detail etc is all of the highest quality. The whole place always smells wonderful and is spotless. Thicker towels than most top quality hotels I've stayed out.
I'm surprised by other reviews that complain about noise as the tranquility of the location is one of its real bonuses. It is a few minutes walk from the city centre, crossing the river Wensum and past the local theatre - great ambience in this area. Also only about 15 minutes walk from the rail station which is a godsend. I have never been kept awake by any noise at all and have stayed in various rooms both in the main building and the outside "annexe".
I can see that some people might find the owner less than gregarious, but he is always helpful and pleasant whenever I have stayed there. One doesn't have to be able to talk for England to be a good host and I hate staying at places where the hosts prattle on incessantly whilst I'm trying to eat breakfast or get back to my room after a long day!
For a relaxing, luxurious stay at resonable rates you cannot beat Number 17...I am already looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: All rooms I've stayed in have been great
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business