Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$104
PricelineUS$104
Expedia.comUS$104
TripadvisorUS$104
Lol.travel
eDreamsUS$105
All reviews basic facilities economy room town centre carrow road permit norfolk
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2019 via mobile

We were in town for a party and were recommended this b&b due to its proximity to the town centre. The staff were friendly enough and were very willing to help. Unfortunately, our room was facing the main road which was noisier than we had expected which did mean neither of us enjoyed a good night's rest. Our room was a little tired around the edges. We paid extra for breakfast which was good value at £5. Car parking is in the road outside and you will need to borrow a permit from the hotel...we did see traffic wardens meticulously checking the cars.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2019 via mobile

Location is ideal if arriving by train. A couple of minutes from the station and walking distance to town.

I was put in a tiny room in the annex...which is fine but would not say it made for particularly good value for money. Room seemed clean enough and the staff I spoke to were friendly.

This place is also great if you like to be kept awake by every single creak, bang, knock, moan, groan and voice from within the building throughout the night and the constant traffic noise from the main road outside. Both are non-stop (assuming my two night stay represents the normal).

Would I stay again? Tough one. I have stayed in worse places. If there was nowhere else available at a reasonable price I probable would, but I would bring earplugs.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2019

My wife and I booked this hotel for a weekend visit to Norwich to visit my son at the uni. The on line reviews looked ok, the canal-side image looked pleasant and it would be a change from the standard Travelodge or Premier Inn. Unfortunately we're confident it's the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. The hotel is indeed located close to the canal, however it's close to a busy road junction joining town and adjacent train station traffic, and the traffic is busy past hotel all night. Upon arrival we were directed to "The Annexe" in the next street. We only saw this room so can only assume it's representative of the hotel as a whole. The room was accessed from the street through a very shabby "front door" reminiscent of student digs. We were greeted with peeling wallpaper, stained ceilings, marked walls, mouldy bathroom - within 5 minutes we were sat on the bed googling for somewhere else to stay, but Norwich was fully booked. We had no choice but stay, to find that there is a central heating boiler hidden behind a door off the bedroom that switches on and off every 5 minutes all night, and the ceiling creaks badly with every movement of the occupants of the room above. Very little sleep was had and we left promptly in the morning.
In summary, avoid at all cost and spend a few extra pounds to stay at a Travelodge or Premier Inn, where at least you know what you're going to get.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

Do yourself a favour. Spend the extra few quid and stay at the Premier Inn.
We stayed here last night and despite wanting to leave a review during the night while I couldn’t sleep, I thought I’d wait for a few hours just in case I had a slight change of heart.
I do not.

We visited Norwich this weekend to see family and we spent some time before hand ‘googling’ places to stay. The thought of spending almost £100 for one night at the Premier Inn felt like too much money.
How wrong we were.
To save some pennies, we searched for a B&B instead and at the time of looking around, The Central Hotel was well reviewed. Cleverly photographed as a quiet and isolated location by the picturesque canal. Only a few pounds cheaper but worth the money, we thought.
We knew we made a mistake as soon as we walked through the door.
We were given the key to the Annex which has been mentioned since looking at the reviews last. We suspect that staying one night meant we got the short straw.
For £84.99, I will tell you what you will get for your money.
- A room with cobwebs
- Walls marked with stains and wall paper coming off.
- Mold in the bathroom poorly hidden by sealent.
- A shower which is a hose attached to the tap. (My great grandparents would have been impressed)
- Bed pillows that had no structure to them.
- A front door with wood splintering.
- The joys of hearing everything going on in the room above
- The boiler igniting every five seconds.

The hotel may be close to the canal. What they do not add is that you are on a main road which is busy all through the night and that this road sits between you and the canal. It may as well be in the other side of town as you cannot appreciate it.

All in all, one of the worst nights we have ever experienced.

Yes, some people are happy to make do with rooms like this but for the price, not a chance.

I was not surprised when the host did not ask us whether we had a good night when we returned the key. My face together with the dark bags under my eyes probably said it all.

I make this review in the hope that if you want to feel comfortable away from home and have a good restful nights sleep, that you will book somewhere else. Learn from our mistake.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

After checking out the Central Hotel's website and reading some of the reviews I felt confident that the hotel would be nice, clean and comfortable for me to stay in, however on arrival that was far from the truth. I was put on what I imagine is the top floor in a room that was rather smelly, had dirty windows, mismatched decor, paint peeling off the walls, a railing with some plastic hangers!!!! I could go on!!!! Very disappointed with the accommodation and the pictures shown on the website do not represent the rooms in the hotel, unless I got seriously unlucky and got given the worst room in the place. I did complain to the receptionist, he was pleasant but seemed quite surprised at my complaint. Please see pictures I've posted to back up my review. Sadly I would not recommend this Hotel/Guest house.

Date of stay: September 2019