“Family get together”

Unthank Arms Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 883 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A lively pub, wih a warm, relaxed atmosphere, excellent dining and a varied, extensive wine list, all sold by the glass!Fab garden and courtyard. Perfect for weddings, parties and BBQ's!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been here several times over the years, since my daughter was at UEA, and this pub never fails to deliver. Six of us visited on a hot Sunday lunchtime. We sat in the garden enjoying the sun. The menu is interesting and varied. I had a halloumi and dragon fruit salad which was delicious as were all of our meals. Really nice atmosphere. Great garden for children to run around in.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Great night

Been to The Unthank a few times and always catch the summer comedy festival.

Excellent every time.

But tonight it was dinner with my daughter and her fella.

A good night, the staff were polite and the food excellent.

Me and my daughter are veggies. I had chick pea burger and it was absolutely excellent. It was tasty and had good texture not mushy like veggie burgers can be. The whole meal with chips and a yummy relish was just great.

My daughter had the butternut squash curry which also went down well.

Her boyfriend had pork which judging the speed he wolfed it down was also nice.

Nice food, good value for money. I’d recommend it.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Great local pub for local folk
Good hearty food
Lovely menu that changes every month
Another top golden triangle pub

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming here since I was a little girl. I absolutely love the food. Always a good variety and I’ve never been disappointed. One of the best places in the city for a good pint of Guinness.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

4 of us went to The Unthank Arms for a 5 o’clock Sunday lunch. The place was very busy with both drinkers and diners so booking is a must. Real ales all round which were good quality and then 3 roast beefs and a roast pork. Everyone declared their dinner excellent. The vegetables were given equal billing with the meat which is less common than one would hope and the portions were generous without being stupidly large. Four clean plates meant no room for puddings although everyone was tempted.
Service was friendly and efficient and none of us would hesitate to recommend the place