“Excellent! ”

Man Vs Food Middlesbrough
Ranked #9 of 314 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to man vs food today with my girlfriend for a date. The staff were lovely and the atmosphere was relaxing. The food was good portions size and tasted amazing, they also served really quickly. I’d definitely come here again and recommend anyone to come here with their friends/family and couples.

MAC5599, Public Relations Manager at Man Vs Food Middlesbrough, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear you had a fantastic date night with us! I will pass your comments onto the team and we hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited today for dinner with my partner. Ordered a large parmo and a tbone steak. They both came and were absolutely huge portions and the prices weren't that dear, we had to take half of both our meals home! We try a lot of places and this was definately one of the best. Staff really friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Definately be back!!

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear you had a great dining experience with us here at MVF. I will pass your comments onto the team and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We turned up for lunch during the opening hours stated on the website and social media and shutters were down.

Thank you for your comments however you haven't provided much information so we can't respond efficiently. Could you send some more information over to info@manvsfood.co.uk please?

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

excited to try the new venue so i rang to book a table to be told it’s a first come first serve basis, then upon arrival i was asked why i had not booked a table. i then had to stand and listen to the hostess shouting and swearing at another member of staff claiming she ‘wasn’t in the mood tonight’ whilst ignoring my friends and i once her conversation had ended she stated it was over an hour wait for food although the restaurant had at least half of it empty, once we where finally seated we had our drinks and food order taken within seconds, they suggested to order starters as they come quickly, our starters arrived in good time but still no drinks order we had to wait over an hour for a drink to be delivered to our table. my partner began to ask the hostess where in the que our food and drinks where for her to be extremely rude and state she didn’t know and walk away our food arrived over an hour and ten minutes after being seated and was cold, the cheese on the parmo was still in grated in form, it had not even melted, the chicken was wet and felt extremely undercooked, the mac and cheese was pasta with no sauce and with grated half melted cheese on top, looked to be all microwaved yet still freezing. after asking for a drink 3 times we paid our bill and left thirsty and un satisfied and left to go to creams cafe down the road ! over all extremely unhappy.

4  Thank Joanna L

Thank you for your review, we're really sorry to hear about your experience. This is not our level of standards at all. Could you contact us ASAP at info@manvsfood.co.uk so we can investigate this please?

Many thanks.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Visited here on Sunday after been out in the cold watching the fireworks. We came here expecting to warm up but it was freezing in side the restaurant. Food was ok I had ordered a burger and at first asked for no gherkins, lettuce then the waitress said should I do it plain which in any other restaurant that would mean no salad but when my food arrived it was literally plain! Just 2 burgers in a bun no cheese and bacon which was on the menu. I complained and they changed it straight away. I wasn't overly impressed with the food! I would return but not in a hurry.
Skittle Milkshake is a must!!

1  Thank TAHoliday
MAC5599, Public Relations Manager at Man Vs Food Middlesbrough, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for your review.
We're sorry to hear about your experience, however, we're glad to hear you did enjoy the skittles milkshake.
Please could you email us at info@manvsfood.co.uk so we can discuss this further?

Many thanks