“Terrible!! Waste of money”

Escape Games London
Ranked #387 of 446 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Whether you are an escape game enthusiast or looking to play for the very first time, Escape Games London challenge you to beat the clock and escape to victory. Each game takes place in a custom built room, each with a unique theme.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I haven't done an escape experience before however me and my friend thought it would be fun.
It was run by two young men who although were very polite didn't let you solve any of the puzzles as they told you how to do everything as you went along!!!
On walking into the cinema you watched an amateur video and then you start looking for clues. The props were not great. My friend went to walk to one side of the room and one of the guys said for her to go back to the other side as there were no clues over there!!
Everything you picked up or tried to do one of the organisers was telling you what to do it ruined the whole experience.
They might as well done it whilst we watched, one of the other teams members had done an escape experience before and was getting very frustrated too as it didn't compare at all.
I would say it was a waste of money.
I am sure there are other escape experiences that actually leave you to work out the clues along with a better story and props, so I will keep an open mind. For me avoid this one as really disappointing.
Sorry guys!

1  Thank 683trudyd

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We came to escape rooms London for a friends 40th birthday as a group of 7 friends. On arrival we were greeted by the host who showed us through to the room and gave us an introduction.
We all had a brilliant time working out the clues and puzzles! When stuck the host gave us just enough help to see us through to the next challenge. We were all pleased we managed to escape with 7 minutes to spare!
Great game, prince the host was very friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Booked for a group of 8. Had a really good time. Host was keen and friendly. Was hard to get in to and start but once we got it we were on a role. A few bits we needed help/clues on and they provided this. We escaped with 6 minutes spare. Only downful was there was no cafe/coffee shop on site to get refreshments from. The man on the desk of the building which was nothing directly to do with the escape games was rude. Really enjoyable experience had by all.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

It was exciting news for us when we heard an escape room was coming to Millbank - an area where there is nothing more exciting to do over lunch than grab a sandwich or visit the Tate for the umpteenth time. The team were also extremely helpful in sorting out a mistake (our mistake) over the date of the booking and fitting us in another slot. The game itself was definitely complex enough to keep us engaged - perhaps a few too many options towards the start, but once we got underway things started to come together the way you'd want. In hindsight, we should have asked for help a little earlier, as that would have got us moving quicker. We missed the chance to go head-to-head with another team, which I think might have added to the fun as well.

The real benefit of this is that it allowed the four of us, who seldom have time to meet up to do anything these days, to do something fun over lunch and be back at work in a little over half an hour. It got a thumbs up from all four of us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Booked a session as part if a work team building day, cilleagues work a varied roster with different shifts, so strategically it was a nightmare to plan, but we did with plenty of notice.

Our session was booked for 30th May, first Tuesday after the Bank Holiday weekend, I received a curt email on the afternoon of Friday 26th May informing me that they were cancelling our session without an explanation.

Mightily miffed as you could imagine, I politely declined their offer to re book another session and opted for a reimbursement instead, having chased since, they still have not paid me back what they owe me.

Having seen some of the comments about how crap the game is, my group may well gave dodged a bullet, however being £120.00 out of pocket is still not good.

I have sent another email, but feel that Trading Standards are the next option.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!