“Welcome addition to the Millbank area”

Escape Games London
Ranked #387 of 445 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Whether you are an escape game enthusiast or looking to play for the very first time, Escape Games London challenge you to beat the clock and escape to victory. Each game takes place in a custom built room, each with a unique theme.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 1 July 2017

It was exciting news for us when we heard an escape room was coming to Millbank - an area where there is nothing more exciting to do over lunch than grab a sandwich or visit the Tate for the umpteenth time. The team were also extremely helpful in sorting out a mistake (our mistake) over the date of the booking and fitting us in another slot. The game itself was definitely complex enough to keep us engaged - perhaps a few too many options towards the start, but once we got underway things started to come together the way you'd want. In hindsight, we should have asked for help a little earlier, as that would have got us moving quicker. We missed the chance to go head-to-head with another team, which I think might have added to the fun as well.

The real benefit of this is that it allowed the four of us, who seldom have time to meet up to do anything these days, to do something fun over lunch and be back at work in a little over half an hour. It got a thumbs up from all four of us.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Booked a session as part if a work team building day, cilleagues work a varied roster with different shifts, so strategically it was a nightmare to plan, but we did with plenty of notice.

Our session was booked for 30th May, first Tuesday after the Bank Holiday weekend, I received a curt email on the afternoon of Friday 26th May informing me that they were cancelling our session without an explanation.

Mightily miffed as you could imagine, I politely declined their offer to re book another session and opted for a reimbursement instead, having chased since, they still have not paid me back what they owe me.

Having seen some of the comments about how crap the game is, my group may well gave dodged a bullet, however being £120.00 out of pocket is still not good.

I have sent another email, but feel that Trading Standards are the next option.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I have done a couple of escape games with very interactive setting and story line. This one lacked on both. For one, you were literally put against another team in the same theatre room, seeing what they are doing and how far they are. Then this annoying video intro that continued with clips throughout. And to have 40 minutes to solve this? Really? Usually escape games are an hour, and there is a nice chance to get out in time. This one was quite literally impossible. The setting was very plain in the theatre, using just a podium, a couple of chairs and three locked drawers are the back. The amount of information and keys and codes given at once was ridiculous. You end up with like 15 codes that could be used for any of the 10 numeric locks to either access the drawers or the briefcases, but, they do not work. There was no continuous story, and you happened across the clues randomly. Was very difficult to understand what you were actually meant to do and where to go. And the hosts did not seem very interested either. Or involved. They just had their answers paper, rather ragged, and had to look up answers, instead of masking them in a riddle or giving us clues.
Left feeling very much cheated and disappointed. Definitely one escape game not worth the money.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I went today. The game was by far the worst game I’ve played. The host were terrible! The short, large guy showed no interest. Played on his phone throughout the whole event. The game design was poor to say the least. Even tho the teams were split to create competition. It was unfair because we had 10 players and they had 4. Please avoid this game at all cost!! It’s not worth your time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

This is my first escape room after taking a 2 year break. I’m afraid to say this was one of most disappointing games I’ve ever played and I feel like I should officially retire from escape rooms from now on. I wasted £15, 45 min of trying to escape and not to mention travel expenses to get to venue. Faulty equipment whilst we had the right codes and a guy on his phone …showed 0 interest. Not an escape room more like a waste of time… Prepare for more rants because there’s 8 more unhappy customers.