“Good vegan food”

Mildreds Kings Cross
Ranked #1,180 of 24,651 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've been wanting to visit Mildred's for a while but always been put off by the no bookings policy. As we were having an early dinner we gave it a go! It was busy but luckily we didn't have to wait for a table, although shortly after a queue built up.

We got the broccoli with soy and chilli and salt and pepper tofu to start. The broccoli was nicely cooked but a bit too oily, and didn't taste of chilli at all which was a shame, but still tasty. The salt and pepper tofu was good, the kimchi dip was lovely.

For mains I had the Sri Lankan sweet potato curry which was delicious! Really creamy and flavourful and a good portion size. My fiance had the mushroom and ale pie. This was okay but it's not actually a pie, it's a bit of puff pasty with mushroom sauce on top, followed by another bit of puff pastry sitting on top like a hat. The mushroom filling wasn't nearly as tasty as we were expecting so this was a bit disappointing.

The downside to this place is that it is so busy and a very overfull restaurant (tables packed close together and feels slightly like a canteen) that it gets very noisy and the service is rather brisk, so it's not the most relaxed meal. Probably best for a quick bite to eat but not much more. Still worth a visit but I think there are better vegan/vegetarian restaurants around.

1  Thank Rena K

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely lovely! Came in to kill some time as I arrived many hours early to see a gig near KX. The vegan chicken katsu curry was delicious, the rhubarb dessert fresh and refreshing and the cocktails delicious (and moreish). More than anything, the staff were absolutely lovely. I was served by a lady called Monica/Monika who was so incredibly friendly and enthusiastic she blew me away with her hospitality. Later a lovely waiter called Hugo talked me into a second cocktail and had such a laugh with me being so warm and friendly and hilariously funny. I know customer service is hard work on your feet all day but their friendliness and warmth made this visit amazing. The food was delicious but the service is what will bring me back when I'm next in town. Thanks guys!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stopped in late around 8pm on a Monday night to order takeout. The place was packed so they must be doing something well. The staff as super friendly, offered water as I looked at the menu and placed my order and my dinner arrived in <5 minutes. The Soul Bowl was delicious and filling; the brocolli and hoummus starters were equally tasty. Can't speak to the service if you eat in, but take-away was terrific!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nice food and many options for vegans as well. I recommend the dumplings and artichokes as starters and the Sri Lanka bowl or hamburger as main dishes.

The place is big and very crowded so be prepared to cue for more than 30 minutes, since it is not possible to book!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Visited for lunch with my daughter who is vegan. I am not! Had a nice halloumi burger, although the filling was somewhat wetter than I would have liked. My daughter enjoyed something with avodado - a bit guacamolish, with vegan tortiall chips! Very helpful waitress, and impressed with filtered tap water already set out on tables!