“Happy all around”

Inamo Covent Garden
Ranked #6,120 of 24,678 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$59
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Only a 30 second walk from Covent Garden tube station, the latest inamo opening sees the introduction of a tablet-based ordering system, animated table cloths, and new engaging interactive content that will enchant adults and children alike, the table experience at inamo Covent Garden will be unlike anywhere else in London or beyond. Set over three floors, guests can expect to dine in an environment that combines the calming elements of South Asia’s natural world with an entrancing use of technology and light. The Onyx Bar on the lower ground floor features stunning back lit onyx and an accompanying sushi bar, the perfect spot for post-dinner/work drinks. Serving high quality pan-Asian cuisine drawing inspiration from Japan, China, Korea, Thailand, and beyond, the menu centres around sharing plates. From fresh fish & sushi dishes including Ponzu Salmon Ceviche, and Tuna & Tempura Prawn Maki; to succulent meat dishes such as Korean Lamb or Hot Stone Rib-Eye; to a host of vegetable dishes and sides, including Rainbow Maki, Spicy Edamame, and Kimchi; inamo’s food is as much of a talking point as the technology that surrounds it.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was happy with the food portions, the atmosphere was great and fayas cocktails were on point! No complaints at all

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Went for a birthday dinner with some of my family - we ordered the Singapore noodles, crispy duck, a couple of the sushi rolls, wasabi fries & the Korean chicken wings. On sampling the food, the first thing I noticed was that the quality has gone significantly downhill since the first time I visited in 2016. Food is decidedly average, nothing to write home about, but it's the price that's the real kicker. It cost £25 for half a duck, which we had to ask to be shredded, something that is a common practice in most restaurants and would have been gratefully received given that they squashed 6 of us onto a table designed for 4 so you could hardly swing a cat. It was £15 for a small bowl of noodles, which was advertised as a sharing plate, but to the average person, would be considered a single serving. Furthermore, the noodles were nothing like the Singapore noodles I know, and more like a yaki soba you could get in Wagamama but for double the price. The wasabi chips were a gimmick, average fries with a wasabi powder to sprinkle over & the wings were far too sugary to be appetising. Staff expected us to share 1 tablet 'menu' between the 6 of us and seemed bewildered when I requested another tablet. Was told I couldn't get happy hour cocktails in the main dining area and would have to go downstairs to the bar to order them AND drink them - they actually refused to let me bring up any cocktails ordered downstairs which was a real negative. Overall, service was below average, not particularly helpful or attentive with confused staff. The main USP of this restaurant is the interactive tables which are fun for about a minute, but get old pretty quickly. On arrival, the staff made it clear that we only had the table for 90 minutes, despite pre-booking, which really ruined the ambience so that you are watching the clock rather than enjoying your meal. The music was blasting so as to make us feel we were in a club rather than at birthday meal. More care needs to be taken to accommodate their guests otherwise this place will go to the wall. Will not be going back.

2  Thank anon28_101
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

First time I’ve been there and I enjoyed it. Thank you Melanie and Fatima for accomodate us even if we did not have a booking.
Good food and very friendly staff.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been there 3 times before with my family and I always had a nice time. As expected you guys did not let me down. A very big shout out to Melanie and Fatima from the reception who greated us with such a big smile. We had a lovely chat with Melanie who was our hostess who lead us to the table and explained how to use the table
Food was great and service was friendly.
Definitely one of our favorite restaurant in convent garden.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I attended under the 12 course taster from Virgin Experience, we were visiting family so added my BIL and his partner to the reservation and informed them that we had the experience voucher but the other two guests would be ordering/paying on the normal menu, this proved a little complicated for the restaurant with various emails asking us if we were changing our dates, how many et cetera.

The restaurant looks the part with an interactive ordering process (for normal paying customers) and an interactive table, unfortunately, this seemed to be where the restaurant has focussed its efforts for customers. Dirty glassware and cutlery (still with food attached) was on the table. Firstly, the tasting menu was incredibly poor and not value for money and instead of a tasting of some nice dishes it was some awful veg and lots of sushi and thats it, that's if we had actually got all our courses (about four never turned up).

Our guests ordered their half roast duck (£25) and various other items and to be fair these dishes looked and tasted lovely, unfortunately, they started to get the same order twice......we turned away the 2nd half roast duck but it came straight back, a 2nd of the next dish and the next and the next, the table was full of food, we questioned it but it just came back. At this point we were worried we were going to be charged twice and lost our appetites, not even the manager questioned why all this food was coming out to us.

The customers seemed to be young twenty-somethings (we're just in our thirties) and I think that's the market the restaurant is going for with many of the diners being very loud and shouting, the serving staff very friendly but a little useless, not removing empty plates as the food started piling up.

The tasting menu is certainly a waste of money, the actual food is very nice but everything else around is clunky and they have made it easier for themselves by getting customers to order on a table, request the bill and call for a waiter using the tablet so why all the issues. Maybe having two customers on a voucher and two customers a la carte at the same table just put the place into meltdown but they were given about a months notice.

Certainly won't be returning, probably one of the worst restaurant experiences we have had.

1  Thank Mezuk09