“Dark, moist, noisy, stinky”

London Cocktail Club Oxford Circus
Ranked #105 of 1,331 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A gangsters tequila paradise. It’s the cool younger yet bigger brother of Goodge St. and Shaftesbury Ave….. Enter down a darkened staircase and get hit with a classic LCC vibe, inspired by Mexico’s second home, Down-town LA! Expect references to “ESE’s” and “Bloods & Crips”, a playful twist on gang life, with “gang sign” art work, “pimped out” sexy bandana clad graffiti girls, and even lumberjack shirt furnishings, (no doubt buttoned to the top!). You’ll see graffiti-covered walls depicting gun-toting clown figures and mean cityscapes. The focus of the action remains at the bar where there’s hot contest for a stool seat. Expect to be “sippin” on “Gin and Juice”.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

To be fair, we knew what kind of place this was probably going to be going into it...

The door guy checks you over. You head down some dark stairs. Once through the door the air is heavy and stinky, as any basement club would tend to be. The music is loud - but you're probably not here to have deep conversation with anyone.

The bar staff is "hype" but not in the genuine "we love our job" way - more in the "if we don't swing this overhead light around and yell every 5-10 minutes, we'll get fired" kind of way. Though our actual sever had the personality of a stale cracker.

We ordered the 2-for-1 espresso martinis - nothing to write home about. There are a hundred better bars in London that do the same thing - just maybe not in this specific area.

It feels like "the place to be seen" of a decade ago.

Charlotte D, Guest Relations Manager at London Cocktail Club Oxford Circus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Jelaxo,
Thank you for your feedback, we try and create a party atmosphere and be different from a standard cocktail bar.

Swinging over head lights is our signature move, it is fun if you give it a go we promise.

We pride ourselves on our cocktails so I will be passing this on to the team to see how we can improve throughout more training.

I have passed on this review to our team so we can look at what went wrong, in the mean time if you have any further queries or comments regarding this please feel free to email me on the below.

Thanks,

"mixologist"
"lcc"
"rocks"

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We only meant to come for one drink but ended up staying for 4, they were so good! We were there during happy hour too so the cocktails were 2 for 1 which was excellent value. They were all delicious and we would definitely come back again. The staff were really friendly and welcoming too. Very attentive filling up water glasses for you and giving you little mugs of popcorn really makes you feel noticed and looked after. The music was rather loud in there but we really like that sort of atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Started off a recent date night with my hubby here. Luckily we arrived during Happy Hour so it was Buy One Get One Free on identical cocktails.
Greeted by a super friendly member of staff and entertained by the bar staff whilst I waited for my husband.
Good selection of music, maybe a little loud for that early I the evening (when most people want to chat rather than dance) but that’s my only negative.
Loved all three of the cocktails I tried and would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

The cocktails here are great with such a huge selection to choose from. We always end up having a few as can never pick just one! I recommended visiting during happy hour when you can get lots of cocktails at 2 for £12

BexLCC, Public Relations Manager at London Cocktail Club Oxford Circus, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hello chapman-chloe!
Thanks for taking the time to review us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Oxford Circus. Come in on Mondays and it is Happy Hour all night! Hope to see you back again soon, Bex & the LCC Team

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Great cocktail club with a happy hour, fun staff, great music. When my friend and I had had a few drinks each and hadn't ordered in a while the bartender put two glasses of water (ice and lime) in front of us with a little glass filled with biscuits and sweets. I don't care if it didn't cost them much, I don't care if they do it for everyone, it made us feel like we'd been noticed as customers spending our money there and we were being looked out for. Thank you for a great night, we'll definitely be back soon.

BexLCC, Public Relations Manager at London Cocktail Club Oxford Circus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Hello Lara K!

Thanks for giving us such a lovely review! We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us at Oxford Circus, we do like to look after our customers and glad that we managed to make you feel that way! We would love to have you back in again anytime!

Thanks again,