“Overpriced, ostentatious and overly RUBBISH”
Review of The Cuckoo Club

The Cuckoo Club
Ranked #18,662 of 25,305 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Appealing to the more discerning late night London crowd tired of identikit, faceless bars and clubs with no creativity and soul, The Cuckoo Club features 5,000 square feet of ostentatious design, spread over two floors, and a founding committee that reads like a who's who of creative talent in London, described in the influential Vogue List as "formidable". Recently redesigned by Barbara Hulanicki, interior designer & founder of iconic fashion house Biba, featuring some of Europe's most proficient mixologists and an electrifying and eclectic musical output, The Cuckoo Club delivers unbridled, unquestionable glamour for London's party cavalry.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Absolutely shocking establishment. The bouncers are disgusting people. I was at a private event and slipped on a split drink, the bouncers saw this happen and then proceeded to grab me by my arms and walk me out of the club claiming i was "too drunk"......funny thing however is that I don't drink alcohol. Disgusting people. The venue isnt even nice, small, dingy and had a strange smell....a mixture of sweat, rats and rotting food....sorry that was just the bouncers I think.

3  Thank ChristianGarfield

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Scandal was good. A bit pricy but overall was a nice night. We booked a guestlist with london night guide and Alex helped us for the booking.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Visited for the 5th birthday burger and lobster brunch and was extremely unhappy with the service we received on the 3rd of January 2018. Upon arrival 20 minutes early, we asked if we could wait in the door way undercover as it was raining. One older man was extremely rude and dismissed us to the desk girl. She was lovely and said we could stand in out of the rain. The older man then proceeded to get even ruder demanding we get out of the building. We tried to explain we’d been told by staff we could stay there but he didn’t care.

If we hadn’t already paid money for the brunch, we would not have returned. Upon arrival for lunch for which we along with at least 10 people we’d spoken to had thought the brunch we’d purchased was bottomless - this was not the case according to Cameron, who blamed design my night for getting the details wrong. He promised us free shots at the end of our meal - which was then not delivered upon until one waiter obviously realised we weren’t happy with this and sorted us out.

The food from burger and lobster was fabulous, however, after finishing the meal we were rudely forced out of our seats. The staff actually started moving the chair with the girls on our table still in it! That was the last straw, we didn’t bother staying for the after party. Upon leaving the older rude man we first met made some further rude statement so we were quite glad.

Overall horrible service and it really put a damper on the day. We’re just glad we didn’t pay the full price for our brunch today or else we’d be asking for full refund. We won’t be back - there’s plenty of other decent clubs in the area where you won’t be treated so terribly. We also emailed Roxx directly to let them know how unhappy we were

2  Thank Tegan L
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Completely focused on who's who above everything else. Steer clear, unless you consider yourself 'relevant'. Terrible staff. Obnoxious entry policy. Nothing redeeming whatsoever.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Promoter put us on the list, queued outside with my friends waiting to be let it, but the hostess said the club was FULL at 11:30pm and told us to leave the line, but somehow kept letting more people in after we had left the queue. Later on we found out they thought we were underage, BUT THEY DID’NT EVEN BOTHERING TO CHECK ID’s, if you’d ID, you’d know I’m 18. The attitude of staff is appalling and If I were you I would bothering travelling to the crap club, there’s a lot better clubs in London.

3  Thank Zoe_ky_wong