“Worst dining experience I've had in London”
Review of Las Iguanas

Las Iguanas
Ranked #2,994 of 25,047 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Description: At Las Iguanas, food is our passion. We rise at the crack of dawn to unload boxes of top-quality, fresh British produce. Then our chefs add carefully sourced ingredients from around the world, to conjure delicious, authentic South American food, made with passion, love and lots of Latin magic. We are the only restaurant to produce Cachaca from our own sugar cane plantation near Rio and we use it to make the best Caipirinhas this side of the Atlantic. Alongside our Caipirinhas we offer a full range of cocktails, non-alcoholic coolers, minerals & juices, beers, cider and wines. Join us for Happy Hour 12pm to 7pm and 10pm-late daily, and all day Sunday to Wednesday for a range of 2 for 1 offers on our signature cocktails and coolers. At Las Iguanas we hope you'll try new things, discover delights and favourites along the way, but mostly enjoy the unique taste of Latin American hospitality.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I pass this place often on my way home from work and it’s usually incredibly busy, so I thought I’d give it a go. Unfortunately, almost everything about this experience was awful.

We made a reservation and were seated right away – great start! However, it then took over 15 minutes to get someone’s attention in order to be served. Though I don’t believe our server was purposely malicious, during our time here she came across as inattentive, brusque and brash. I think she visited our table a total of four times in two hours? I’m sure she was really busy, as everyone appeared to be, but she very clearly did not enjoy this job and in turn we were made to feel like an inconvenience.

We ordered one of the “new” drinks off the 2-for-1 cocktail menu and were told they were out of one of the liquors they needed to make it. We then ordered the basic margarita, only to have the glasses finally arrive nearly empty! (The menu photo shows the drinks to be three quarters full) We requested a manager (twice!) and after waiting another 10-15 minutes were finally seen to. Our drinks were comped off and we received an alternative replacement.

On our second round of drinks, we asked for a different cocktail off the menu and were told they were also out of a liquor needed to make that drink. So we tried our luck at food. One of the reasons we visited here was for their large gluten free menu, so we ordered the Moqueca de Peixe – only to be told that the shrimp they had gotten in was in fact not gluten free - that it was prepared with a bread crumb outer. I requested extra white fish instead and was told that wasn’t possible as they were all premade.

If you want to sit outside on a sunny day and have a pitcher of margaritas, this might be a great place. Otherwise be prepared for a very average, poorly run chain restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived to meet a friend who was delayed so I sat waiting. After about 10 minutes a waitress asked if I would like a drink. I said yes please, water. She went away and never came back. Forgot my water.
After my friend arrived we waited another 15 minutes to order even though the restaurant seemed very quiet. I can only guess they were understaffed. They were very nice staff but we just waited ages. The food was really, really good.
They overcharged me and I discovered when I went home and it took over a week to get a refund.
They were apologetic and offered free drinks on my next visit. Overall it’s a nice place with lovely food but just needs make organisation.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Lovely place to eat, its very big and having allergies it offers a vegan and gluten free menu, staff are helpful and help you find something on the menu, Well done to all the staff here. Lovely place. Will come here again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

It was our anniversary. We choose Las Iguanas because we both love Brazil and all south America kitchen I am vegetarian ,but that wasn’t issue, they had great choices for vegetarians and vegans! I had Moqueca de palmitos and that will be one of my fab! I am not even talking about wine Also , I want to mention very lovely waitress called Greta, who was responsible for our special night and she made it perfect for us! Thanks for that kind of attitude , you was really helpful with everything!❤️ They were very busy, however they still taking care about theirs customers

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived for dinner and a very busy restaurant.
We had booked so Seated straight away which for a group of people is great, no hanging around. Great atmosphere. Bright and very vibrant decor.
We had missed the 2for1 cocktail hour, so next time we’ll eat a bit earlier.
Attentive service. But little things were missing.
Took the drinks order for the wine but forgot to bring the glasses.
So you move to get them yourself.
Good Fun Place. Drinks are served till late.
If your not eating a good little bar to have a chill In.
Good testy food. A mixture of everything and ample portions. South American-Mexican. Being in a groupie we had a lot of tasters.