“Great Local Pub”
Review of The Pocket Watch

The Pocket Watch
Ranked #6,866 of 25,285 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I have been coming here for awhile now and it has never let me down! Well priced food and beers. Would definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

My boyfriend and I came here for a late lunch mid-week and it was brilliant. We've recently moved to London and it felt like home! Very relaxed pub with a good feel. The bar staff was incredibly helpful and even gave us table service (I assume this is because it was quiet when we went). The food was good by gastropub standards and I would say decently priced. The music

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We came here for an early dinner with our two year old. Relaxed, friendly and welcoming vibe. Good, simple menu catering for meat eaters and vegetarians. Kids welcome but would have been good with a slightly healthier kid option than F&Cs. Highly recommended and we'll be back!

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Found this little gem by pure accident! Went there on a Saturday night for some drinks and food with friends and was pleasantly surprised by the decor, attentive service and very delicious food. We had a great time and will definitely be back. I think we found our new 'local'!

Reviewed 17 December 2016

A group of us decided to try out our local pub for a Christmas party. The atmosphere was nice, the ham hock terrine appetiser was great, the beverages were good, and they switched out an appetiser when there might of been a mix up on our group's part. I'd say the main dish that I had was average (turkey), along with the brownie and ice cream.
I think there could be improvements with the amount of time it takes to get food. We had a three course meal and while it was enjoyable to spend time together, the service was rather slow.
I would of given the pub three stars but unfortunately they didn't get an order right. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal but my wife went to the pub twice to speak with the cook about a gluten free dishes and once the people didn't even know she was coming. This was a simple miscommunication which happens. Then the cook called her the day before our party and said that he could do the gluten free dish. However, when she received her order it contained gluten (and another party's dish came out late). This was disappointing because of all the time she put in going there to make sure the order was correct. They did apologise and gave her a veggie main dish, which wasn't the greatest.

It would of been nice if they would of taken the plate off the bill or offered a free drink or something for the trouble and miscommunication on their part. I don't like giving two stars to a local pub but I think its fair. Maybe next time, if there is a next time, it'll be a better experience. I wish them the best.