“Islington Walk, and visit to the Grand Order of Water Rats”

Secret London Walking Tours
Ranked #178 of 805 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private bookable guided walking tours in London's most vibrant and historically interesting areas. The tours are led by one of London's best known and most experienced tour guides and historians Diane Burstein. Diane made a name for herself with her regular contributions to local London radio stations LBC and BBC London on the subject of Secret London.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Diane is incomparable - so competent and professional with a meticulous grasp of detail for each area of London she visits. And it's all done without notes.... straight out of her memory base - and all verifably correct too. As a Londoner I am constantly amazed by how she takes me to London's hidden corners; in this case Islington's beautiful squares followed by a visit to the Order of Water Rats where we were royally entertained - informative and amusing with excellent hosts. A lovely visit.

guidediane, Owner at Secret London Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Connie

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you've enjoyed the tours and look forward to welcoming you on many more.

Regards

"humour"
"parts"
"theatre"

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Diane never ceases to amaze with her wealth of knowledge and how she makes London come alive! The visit to the Water Rats museum along with the talk and tour was absolutely fascinating. Can't wait to hook up with DIANE again to discover yet more about the capital.

Dear Anita

Thanks for your great review. I'm so pleased that you have enjoyed the tours. The Water Rats museum is a real hidden treasure. Like Dr Who's Tardis so much more to see than you would imagine from the outside of the building! I look forward to welcoming you on many more tours.

Regards
Diane

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I went on a private tour around Holland Park led by Diane. As always, she demonstrates an amazing range of knowledge and her walks always seem to uncover unusual and interesting facts.

guidediane, Owner at Secret London Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for your great review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the Holland Park tour and look forward to uncovering many more London areas for you.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

A small group of us went on a very interesting & informative theatrical London walking tour around Soho/Piccadilly followed by a tour of the Harold Pinter Theatre organised by Diane Burstein, London Blue Badge Guide. Diane also focused on many other interesting buildings in the area. The excellent backstage theatre tour was led by a staff member who recently graduated from the Central School of Speech & Drama.

guidediane, Owner at Secret London Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thanks for your lovely review Sheri. So pleased you enjoyed the tour. Regards Diane.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I had booked with Secret London Walks for my Wife and myself to go on a walking tour followed by a guided visit around the London Hippodrome. We met our Guide Diane at Covent Garden Station in the morning. We had an interesting walk around Covent Garden and a visit to the Actor's Church after that we walked up to the Seven Dials Area. Diane was careful to give us information/history on the area and places we visited but did not overload us with details. We had a break for lunch before going to the Hippodrome. We were greeted by Michael, our Guide round the Hippodrome. The tour of the Building coupled with its history and current use was excellent. This was then followed by a "5 star" afternoon tea. Both of us really enjoyed the day which was well organised by Diane. I have to mention the whole day including the "tea" was really good value at £30. Will definitely be going on more Tours and visits with Diane, an excellent Blue Badge Guide.

guidediane, Owner at Secret London Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Tony, thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you both enjoyed your day with me and I look forward to welcoming you on future tours. Regards. Diane.