“This was not a good experience”

190 Queen's Gate by Daniel Galmiche
Ranked #12,834 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$401
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Classic cuisine with a contemporary twist, Michelin Star chef Daniel draws upon his unique experience and passion to share his love of food at 190 Queen's Gate at The Gore Hotel in Kensington. Daniel has created a unique menu showcasing his authentic French cuisine with a British twist and locally sourced ingredients. It's the perfect combination for The Gore. Fresh ingredients, rustic charm, classical; with a contemporary twist. 190 Queen's Gate is the ideal accompaniment to events at Royal Albert hall, the ultimate chic place to start or finish your evening. Pre or post theatre dining menus are available, and last orders are taken until 10.30Pm. Bookings are strongly suggested during key events at The Royal Albert Hall.
Reviewed 15 June 2017

190 used to be a really buzzy place - sadly no longer. Very difficult to chose from the 'set' menu and people sitting next to us felt the same. Service was like Fawlty Towers and for what we ate it was far too over priced. Trying to be too clever with the dishes

2  Thank 733londongirl

Reviewed 19 May 2017

OMG the food here is amazing - go go go - you will not be disappointed - great service too. We had the whole restaurant to ourselves when we went which made it even more special.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Felt satisfied after 3 courses for £28 despite the small portions. The mackerel starter was reasonable and the minuscule gnocchi hard to find for the main but tasted excellent and the chocolate mousse was very good, probably the most filling course! Next door was a party for one of the Gorillaz band and the highlight of the night was Noel Gallagher peering into the bistro before realising he'd have a bit more fun in the other room.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We were a party of four people trying to grab an early lunch as I had a meeting at 1pm in a nearby location. We arrived at noon and the dinning room was not yet ready so we were asked to wait in the bar for 10 minutes and to order drinks which we agreed to do. When we got to the bar the lady behind the bar had no idea how to make the virgin cocktail that one of our party ordered and then served another member of our party a cranberry juice when he had asked for a grapefruit juice. Eventually somebody who did know how to make the cocktail was found

At ten minutes past we ordered simple food (Ceasar Salads and burgers) and told the waitress that I had a meeting at 1pm near by. Our food had not arrived by 12:55 and I had leave to go to my meeting. As I was paying for the whole party I paid and went without receiving any food - I would have asked them to take my food off the bill but I didn't have time to argue with them and this was not really offered (there was a comment that if I wasn't happy for the food they would take it off the bill but the problem was that I had not received any food)1. I left my colleagues to (hopefully) be fed. They actually suggested that I return after my meeting to eat my lunch.

This dreadful service was a disappointment as I have have eaten there (including at lunch time) several times and the service has been OK and the food pretty good. May be anybody can have an off day.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Booked a table here before an Albert Hall concert. Perfectly placed for a short walk to venue. Service impeccable and food delicious. G & T a little pricey but thats London for you. Would definitely come here again.