“Terrible lunchtime service”

Price range: US$26 - US$396
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Classic cuisine with a contemporary twist, Michelin Star chef Daniel draws upon his unique experience and passion to share his love of food at 190 Queen's Gate at The Gore Hotel in Kensington. Daniel has created a unique menu showcasing his authentic French cuisine with a British twist and locally sourced ingredients. It's the perfect combination for The Gore. Fresh ingredients, rustic charm, classical; with a contemporary twist. 190 Queen's Gate is the ideal accompaniment to events at Royal Albert hall, the ultimate chic place to start or finish your evening. Pre or post theatre dining menus are available, and last orders are taken until 10.30Pm. Bookings are strongly suggested during key events at The Royal Albert Hall.
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We were a party of four people trying to grab an early lunch as I had a meeting at 1pm in a nearby location. We arrived at noon and the dinning room was not yet ready so we were asked to wait in the bar for 10 minutes and to order drinks which we agreed to do. When we got to the bar the lady behind the bar had no idea how to make the virgin cocktail that one of our party ordered and then served another member of our party a cranberry juice when he had asked for a grapefruit juice. Eventually somebody who did know how to make the cocktail was found

At ten minutes past we ordered simple food (Ceasar Salads and burgers) and told the waitress that I had a meeting at 1pm near by. Our food had not arrived by 12:55 and I had leave to go to my meeting. As I was paying for the whole party I paid and went without receiving any food - I would have asked them to take my food off the bill but I didn't have time to argue with them and this was not really offered (there was a comment that if I wasn't happy for the food they would take it off the bill but the problem was that I had not received any food)1. I left my colleagues to (hopefully) be fed. They actually suggested that I return after my meeting to eat my lunch.

This dreadful service was a disappointment as I have have eaten there (including at lunch time) several times and the service has been OK and the food pretty good. May be anybody can have an off day.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Booked a table here before an Albert Hall concert. Perfectly placed for a short walk to venue. Service impeccable and food delicious. G & T a little pricey but thats London for you. Would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

We dined early before attending a performance at the Royal College of Music which is only five minutes away.

The bistro has a lush period style interior. Service is very attentive. We found the food to be very good. A duck pate starter was excellent, and the pork belly was possibly the best version of this dish I have ever eaten. The set menu was a little light on meat free options, but fortunately they were able to accommodate my partner's wish for fish without complicated adornments. A pudding of opera gateau was a tad disappointing being a little dry and served with a fairly bland vanilla ice cream.

As we arrived early we were seated in a nice corner table, where as a lot of the tables for two are quite closely aligned.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Oh, sometimes even this reviewer has to notch down from his normal 5 Rating and it is difficult to do so when 190 Queen's Gate is a classy place. You know, I think it was a mis-match between the menu and the actual meals so although we, mostly, enjoyed our dinner it was just that feel, for some, that what they thought they were getting and what they actually received. Perhaps this is the kitchen looking to reduce risk of being accused of being generic but sometimes things like this happen. I would most certainly go back. The staff were courteous, there is a lovely bar to share a drink before dinner and the locality, so close to The Royal Albert Hall, is a real boon. If management read this review please do take it as constructive criticism!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Be a food lover is not enough, you must enjoy life!

Neighbouring with Natural History Museum and Victoria and Albert Hall, the Michelin-starred 190 Queen's Gate at The Gore Hotel translates the classical savoir-faire of theatre and art lovers in Kensington.

French Chef Daniel Galmiche is the face behind the magnificent A la carte menu which reflects his talented and energetic personality with a classic and contemporary twist.

Simplicity and fullness of flavours combined with locally sourced fresh ingredients highlight Galmiche's finest dishes which are paired with a quirky wine list from a range of grapes produced in the most distinctive vineyards around the globe.

The British and French quintessence of luxury in its most simple way can be best described by 190's stylish and welcoming dining room, impeccable menu, flawless execution and discrete service.

The perfect excuse for indulging your five senses starts with the smoothness of "Onion Tarte Tatin", an adorable combination with goats curd mousse and Grelot salad paired with the soft and dry white wine, "Riesling Prinz Von Hessen", from Germany.

Enrich the flavour discovery with a slow cooked beef short rib served with cream potato, carrot and mushrooms and paired with the fruity Argentinian Malbec, "Viñedos de la Posada Merlot" full of plum, cherry and hints of hazelnut.

And for a perfect grand finale don't miss the delightful dark chocolate mousse with milk ice cream and cocoa wafer paired with one of the most incredible wines you've ever tasted, The Hungarian "Royal Tokaji Red Label", characterised by a vivid gold colour with honeyed apricot and orange peel flavours which are uplifted with dramatic acidity.

Fantastic!