“Busy city! Made to feel very welcome...”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #8,386 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$43 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Called in at this Pizza Express last Saturday afternoon with my wife whilst visiting the Big City over the Easter period.

The restaurant was very busy, the host Phil (or maybe Manager) could not have been more helpful and friendly.

We sat down outside and he took a Drinks order while a table became available. This is a very busy place and Phil sorted a lovely and cosy table.

Our server and Phil looked after us very well.

I am a regular at many Pizza Express Restaurants throughout the UK & Ireland and I was very happy with my visit here. Food as always in my opinion was great!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good pizzas, unfortunately ran out of two of the desserts we had asked for. Also had no option of cream for the chocolate fudge cake.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Easter Sunday was busy but not too busy therefore the staff were keen to serve. The food I had bruschetta and my friend mozzarella and tomato salad. Both very good. Then for a Sloppy Guisseppe and for me a Four Seasons. Delicious. To drink Sicillian Lemonade. Reasonable price, good service and not too noisy. All in all a good time was had by both of us. Hope you have a good visit when you do.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

20mins before receiving our drinks order another 10 before we actually got them. Tiny restaurant packed with tables very uncomfortable cramped.
They don't care that the service is bad as it's usually just passing trade so no one returns for the second time!
The food was good, other than my spagbol Luke warm and tasteless.
Couldn't wait to get out of there. Would never go there again.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Travelled from Reading to attend a show in the west end, visited this restaurant beforehand. As a chain I don't expect pizza express' service to be particular personal but every waitress and waiter in this restaurant was awful. They were rude, lazy and appeared untrained in their job. As a waitress in a restaurant myself, I understand it can be stressful at times, but the restaurant was not busy and the staff seemed more engaged in conversation amongst each other than those they were serving. I also know to appear enthusiastic and be aware that the customer's experience is the most important thing for a food restaurant chain. We felt that all the table service staff had no intention of giving the customers a pleasant experience at the restaurant, and the only time they cracked a smile was as they saw us leaving. From the moment we walked in, they would keep referring us to different people in their team instead of just attending to us themselves, for jobs as simple as taking a drink or food order, or showing us to our table. As well as this, the peroni glass I was given was absolutely filthy - looked unwashed! Will make a conscious effort to never visit this branch again.