“Honestly bad”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions in the past with both friends and family. Quality then started to decline and I stopped for a few years. Recently I ordered It in via Deliveroo. The pizza was ok - no better than other pizza deliveries, but ok if not a bit too burned. However the lasagna was truly disgusting. It was mostly pasta sheets with a sticky pink sauce that was sour and overly salty. In between were grey and dry lumps of meatball. You can get better from a frozen easy meal. We had one or two bites of this and fed it to the dog. What a shame. Sarracino used to be the Italian in W.Hampstead.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Arrived for an early evening meal. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Dimly lit ambience. Ordered a pizza for mains and panna cotta for dessert. The food was not too my liking. I found the pizza dough quite dry and bready and it lacked the chewiness that I prefer. The panna cotta had quite a thick texture but the coulis served was generous. Restaurant had a nice vibe but unfortunately I didn’t enjoy the food.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This is a very popular place, even mid-week. The food is really excellent: nothing too fancy, but authentic Italian cooking done exceptionally well and nicely presented.

As the evening started, our waiter was very good, helpful, and attentive. But towards the end, he had given up. Having given us the dessert menu, he then ignored us for half an hour: at which point we got bored waiting and asked for the bill. And even that took an age to come... It's not too big a place, with not too many tables, and there were three waiters on the floor. So it's an issue of staff training: it can be improved.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice calamari starter! My son had spaghetti with tomato sauce which looked delicious he didn't want to share :) . My burrata was not so fresh but overall it was a pleasant meal. The black haired lady was very polite and kind. She stood out from the rest of the staff.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Picked at the last minute and what a pleasant surprise. Helpful, friendly, great food, great service and all at a really good price with lots of atmosphere.