“Very good and reasonably priced japanese restaurant next to Regent Street”
Review of Sakura Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Sakura Japanese Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$49
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 21 November 2014 via mobile

We had a nice dinner here - a very good sushi selection, an excellent tofu with tuna, and a really good teriyaki. All of this with drinks for £37 which beats my local takeaway in both price and (especially) price. It is not fancy but highly recommended in terms of price-quality ratio i particular for central London standards.

Reviewed 6 November 2014

Food is average, not 'bad' but nothing special.
However, their service is well below any reasonable expectations.
First of all it is very slow - don't go there if you are in a hurry.
Secondly, they brought me a wrong order TWICE - I ordered a grilled salmon and they brought me some kind of a white fish. When I finally got my order my colleagues had finished their meals and my rice was completely cold.
Worst of all they did not even apologize.
It seems that most of their customers are tourists and won't come back in any event, so they don't really care about their service.

Reviewed 3 November 2014

This restaurant is very authentic - my wife is Japanese and I lived there for 10 years so we know our Japanese food. The Sushi is good, tempura and donburi not bad, Yakitori very nice for London and orher things we have tried have been pretty high standard. The service is hit and miss depending on which waiting staff you get and the price is not bad for what you get.

1  Thank PeterNandFamily
Reviewed 3 November 2014

Imaginative Japanese food, affordable prices and open during the entire day which is a godsend if you are busy and need a very late lunch. Not pretentious in any way. The tables are a mite too close to each other but having regard to the rent they must be paying and the prices on their menu, this is a small price to pay though it depends on the courtesy of one's neighbours. Definitely a stop-off when busy in the Bond Stree-Piccadilly area.

Reviewed 2 November 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch, a total of 4 people. Waited over 20 min for a table and another 20+ min for the meal. Found insect in my food. Worst experience ever
Not enjoyable at all