“Great gem of a place”

Price range: US$35 - US$56
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Described by some as ‘the only bar in town for ladies who lunch’, one look at The Enterprise tells you why. A clean white exterior presided over by gleaming gold signage, door flanked by manicured bay trees, this is clearly an upscale spot reflecting the tastes of the well-heeled locals of South Kensington. Inside a country house style continues the sophisticated theme. High ceilings, sash windows and elegant cream swagged curtains surround red striped banquettes. At a long mahogany bar deep red stools are perched upon by drinkers while at immaculately laid tables diners enjoy good British food with an added hint of Italian sunshine.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely little restaurant with attentive staff and consistently great food. I have been here several time and its ALWAYS great

Robert M, General Manager at The Enterprise, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Georgie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We greatly appreciate your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality. We take a lot of pride in ensuring that everyone enjoys the whole experience at The Enterprise from the moment they walk through the door to the moment they leave and to get feedback such as yours makes it all worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you again soon and we are glad that you have all ways had a great experience

Robert Moodycliffe.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I have never been disappointed by the Enterprise in Walton street.
The menu is simple but perfect. Atmosphere smart, yet casual and welcomly quiet.
One can feel that this is a place where 'regulars' come to enjoy excellent food and good service. A very good wine list too in a traditional typically London atmosphere. Top marks..

Robert M, General Manager at The Enterprise, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We greatly appreciate your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality. We take a lot of pride in ensuring that everyone enjoys the whole experience at The Enterprise from the moment they walk through the door and to get feedback such as yours makes it all worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you again soon and we are glad that you have never been disappointed and that our standards have been maintained.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

What can I say. From arrival to departure the service and food were exemplary. Thank you to the staff and management for a lovely lunch and experience. Will heartily recommend to everyone. It was wonderful. Thank you

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We greatly appreciate your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality. We take a lot of pride in ensuring that everyone enjoys the whole experience at The Enterprise from the moment they walk through the door and to get feedback such as yours makes it all worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We were four. An early lunch on Tuesday. The tables had crisp white linen and the cutlery handled well.
The small room was immaculate.
The lunch menu be it a la carte or set catered for all tastes and making small alterations was not too much trouble.
Service was very polite and attentive and pricing was a great surprise...food was hot on arrival and the amuse bouche of a butternut squash soup was a bonus. Some eminent chains should learn from this place. Certainly “vaut le détour”.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I hate writing unfavorable reviews and rarely do so, but our visit to The Enterprise yesterday was so disappointing.
I booked for four of us to have Sunday lunch here to celebrate my birthday as we were staying at The Ampersand Hotel in South Ken (a wonderful place) and this was within easy walking distance - also the reviews looked really good.
I booked in the middle of November and phoned to check if they could provide a vegan meal for one of my sons. I was assured they could. As I have had problems in the past I thought I would confirm by email, which I did, and received a response from Eve on 20th November which said:
" We serve from the a la carte menu which has vegan option. We will inform the chef and your waitress of your guests dietary and we will accommodate you on the day."

When we arrived first impressions were good - the room is lovely and the menu looked great. It was then all downhill ......
We waited over 20 minutes before we were even asked if we wanted a drink. During this time we had asked the waitress twice what the vegan option was. On both occasions she said she would check with the chef and let us know - no answer was forthcoming. We were eventually approached by the manager who said the chef was not prepared to offer a vegan meal!!
My son had to eat something and was therefore given a dry, bland dish of pearl barley with a few bits of pepper and squash. He is not one to complain, and didn't, but admitted it was totally tasteless. I am not vegan but do cook vegan food which can be, and should be, really tasty. In this day and age there is no excuse for the dish my son was given.

Had The Enterprise said they couldn't provide a vegan meal when I booked it would not have been a problem, we would have gone somewhere else. But don't say you can and then not deliver.

Had the rest of the meal been good perhaps I would not have written this review, but my other son's and my husband's meals were very average - mine was well below average. I ordered the duck breast and was asked how I wanted it cooked - my response was "pink please". Why did they bother asking? When it arrived there were a few thinly sliced pieces of grey chewy meal which I had problems cutting even with the serated knife! I don't know if it was re-heated, kept in captivity or just really badly cooked but I did hear the waitress say to the table next to us they were running short of duck which could account for the small amount of meat - it certainly wasn't a whole breast. I didn't complain at the time as, even if they had offered to replace it, I didn't want to wait and be eating out of sync with the rest of my family.

It was a really disappointing visit - both food and service - and was a bad end to what had been a lovely birthday weekend. We will certainly return to The Ampersand, but will NOT be returning to The Enterprise.

Robert M, General Manager at The Enterprise, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Mrs Boxell
Despite the negative nature of your review I thank you for taking the trouble to write it. I have talked to my team in depth about your review and they have a different perspective on the events which you describe. I believe that both you and they believe your respective versions. That is not to imply that either you or they are lying but that people will sometimes have differing perspectives of exactly the same event. In numerous well-documented scientific psychological studies this has been proven countless times. Naturally, when something goes wrong from the guest's perspective it will colour the rest of the experience and I fully understand that.That said, there is no doubt in my mind that we must have done something wrong, as I cannot imagine why you would post such a review if we hadn't. I therefore offer you and your family my sincerest apology for a spoiled experience.
For the record our business operates on a clear cultural understanding that if mistakes (however serious) are made, our people have no fear in admitting to them. I have the highest regard for the character and calibre of the team that was on duty when you were in and I know that they would not treat dietary or service requirements lightly. I will continue to explore everything possible to do with this unhappy incident to see if there is something we can learn (there always is).
We have a well-deserved long-standing reputation for great atmosphere, great food and great service....hence the many good reviews that you refer to that attracted you in the first instance. I would therefore dearly love to get you back to try us again and to that end I would like to offer you a £50.00 credit if you will give us the opportunity to show that our reputation is deserved. Simply email me at 'enterprise@sparkjumbo.com' and I will deal with matters from then onwards. I look forward to hearing from you and apologise once more.