“Really enjoyable”

Rivington Bar & Grill - Greenwich
Reserve with OpenTable
Rivington Bar & Grill - Greenwich is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,600 of 25,296 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$39
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Description: Rivington Grill Greenwich is a friendly neighbourhood restaurant, serving seasonal food with ingredients sourced from the UK and Ireland. We are open for lunch and dinner seven days a week and serve breakfast at the weekends. Group bookings and private parties can be accommodated in our mezzanine space for up to 45 people. Located in the heart of Greenwich, next door to the Greenwich Picture House, we are a stone's throw from The National Maritime Museum, Cutty Sark, Greenwich Observatory, Queen's House and Greenwich market. The O2 is a short drive away.
Reviewed 29 March 2018

My wife and I had lunch on Wednesday (28 March 2018) and we had a really nice eating experience. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and attentive and the food was wonderful. The rack of lamb was as good as it looked. Tender, tasty and perfectly cooked. We cannot remember ever having had better.
The crumble with custard was highly praised by my wife, and believe me she knows her crumble and custard!

All in all a most pleasant lunchtime meal which I believe offered excellent value.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We came up to London for the weekend and met friends for dinner and this was the restaurant they chose.

We started with cocktails while we waited for our table and they were delicious and really nicely presented. The starters were good although there wasn’t much octopus in the salad. My husband and I both had the burger with rarebit which was delicious. Our friends had the market fish and the mixed grill which they were really enjoying but weren’t able to finish as our friend was taken ill and we had to leave suddenly. The staff were so helpful and even came out to check on us while we waited for the ambulance. They also called us a taxi and couldn’t have been more concerned.

We hope to come back soon and get to finish our meal! Thank you to the staff for their help and concern.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We return often to lunch or brunch at this very casual, comfy restaurant. The selection of G&T is wonderful. The menu selections are not extensive but always changing. Everything we have had is delicious and fresh. It is one of those places you never feel rushed, even when every last place is taken.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Wednesday lunchtime. Friendly and efficient waiter. Nice menu and good drinks selection. Portion sizes generous and nice selection of sides. Had the Hake served with mussels and spinach which was excellent. Nice atmosphere in this urban / contemporary style restaurant.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

A pleasant atmosphere, tables are a minimum size and on a quiet night unnecessarily close to each other. I did appreciate being served fresh bread and butter but as it wasn’t listed on the menu I didn’t expect to be charged for it. I didn’t especially enjoy the ham hock terrine and when the accompanying bread arrived burnt I didn’t expect to be charged for some to replace it. The service was very good (though why deliver burnt bread) but I feel adding a 12.5% service charge automatically is cheeky. The half roast chicken was a big portion served on a flat wooden board – I’m not sure that’s especially hygienic and what do you do with the gravy to stop it pouring all over the table? Cost £37 per person

1  Thank SeriousTraveller01