“Excellent ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

A great choice for speedy but polite service. Wide choice of food, including many vegetarian options. Four of us came here and would highly recommend it. Not expensive either.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I had a commitment in London in the morning and I had built up quite an appetite. Having seen this place online I decided to give it a go. I was not disappointed in the slightest. First of all, what a beautiful place this is. Surrounding by the stunning decorations of China town, Tokyo Diner offers a beautifully authentic Japanese meal in a cosy and intimate setting. The restaurant is not spacious even though it has multiple floors but this is adds to its charm. The restaurant itself is also nicely decorated.The staff are so nice and treat customers very well. Then there is the food. It is simply delightful. I had salmon nigiri, katsu don and miso soup. It was absolutely delicious with such lovely flavours. The whole experience was thoroughly enjoyable and I look forward to returning.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I really fancied some ramen-style food: I preferred a nice, small quiet place with reasonable price and nice customer service. While sometimes it is too much to ask, this time I was in luck. Ok, there was no ramen but had a wonderful udon noodle (soupy) and many other nice things shared with my husband. Food was great for the price, and staff were so very nice and helpful. They kept refilling our lovely green tea (was on the house) and were just very lovely. Call me cheap, but I rather liked the no tipping part, too. (Normally when staff are great I'm quite generous but I rather people ask for a reasonable price that gives them enough profit to pay their staff well. My appreciation will come in the form of reviews after all:))

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a very nice time at Tokyo Diner. Great Japanese food that reminded us of our trip in Japan!!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Been visiting Tokyo Diner for nearly a decade and I have to say that the cooking quality hasn’t changed. Still the bet oyako don in town and my go-to place for this dish. Though katsu curry and katsu donburis are equally as good.

Good value for money. Very polite and efficient staff. Recommended