“Still going strong”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Been visiting Tokyo Diner for nearly a decade and I have to say that the cooking quality hasn’t changed. Still the bet oyako don in town and my go-to place for this dish. Though katsu curry and katsu donburis are equally as good.

Good value for money. Very polite and efficient staff. Recommended

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely enjoyable meal and good priced wine. My parents have been here several times and wanted me to try it. I was a bit sceptical at first purely because the decor is quite dated but don't let that put you off! We all had the chicken katsu curry a firm family favourite really enjoyed the complimentary green tea and miso soup a nice touch and came away with full tums! The waiting staff were all incredibly friendly which made the whole experience more enjoyable. Thank you we will all be back!!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This place is horrible
Bad quality food which im still sick from last night with bad stomachache let alone overpriced and small portions

I usually eat at “eat Tokyo” which is fantastic fresh japanese but there was a long queue outside it thats why we unfortunately ended up here

I had salmon teriyaki bento the salmon’s color was different I thought maybe its the sauce and the fish was off although i only ate a small bit but that still got me terribly sick

My friend ordered chicken teriyaki and he ask for his chicken to be breast and funny enough they’ve charged us 70p extra for breast which is ridiculous

I will never come back and will not recommend this tourist trap so called japanese

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful, simple and yet very authentic meal, that made us travel to Japan for a while. Cosy, informal, familiar, for dropping in and having a quick meal or a more traditional and complete meal; a place to return and to recommend. Great service too.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We always go here when in London. Reasonably priced, no tipping, good food and friendly service. Not fancy but very homestyle.

1  Thank bhb58