“Nice Italian by the Thames”
Review of Cantina del Ponte

Cantina del Ponte
Ranked #698 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: London Bridge
Description: This lovely riverside restaurant offers all the warmth and welcome of a traditional Italian trattoria, but there's no mistaking the fact that it's in the heart of London - thanks to a spectacular and uninterrupted view of Tower Bridge. With simple, heartly Italian dishes prepared with lots of passion, this is a great spot for lunch and dinner alike. Please be aware that Cantina del Ponte will be open between 12 to 18 on New Year day.
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Went here based on ratings and location. Pleasantly surprised by special truffle menu. Had the Carpaccio with shaved truffle for appetizer and Truffle Risotto. Both were excellent with generous portions of truffle. Service was friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Fabio F, General Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear ROSCOESeattle,

Thank you for your lovely comment, am so glad you come and visit us on the beginning of the WHITE TRUFFLE SEASON.
Am so glad you had an amazing time with us and enjoyed your meal and service.

Looking forward to see you again soon.

Ciao
Fabio

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came for dinner on a Friday night, it was busy but not full. We opted to sit inside, though there is outside seating with spectacular views of tower bridge. Service was very prompt and was throughout the night. For starters we had Beef Carpaccio and Burrata Tomato Salad. It wasn’t the best Carpaccio I’ve ever had, but it was very good, the Burrata was out of this world and amazingly creamy, perfect. For main I had the Pappardelle with Wild Boar Ragout, my girlfriend had Spicy Nduja Sausage Penne (gluten free). All the pasta was fresh and home made, and the mains were delicious. During our time there we got chatting to a very nice man serving us named Fabio, who turned out to be the general manager. It came up in conversation that he had helped cook many thousands of portions of lasagne for the homeless in recent years, bravo Fabio! For desert we had a panna cotta which was nice, my girlfriend also had an amazing Irish coffee. Overall we had a great evening, and would come again.

Dear Fearless740003,

I would like personally to thank you for your lovely comment and your kind word. Am so glad you had a lovely time with us and you did enjoyed your meal with us.
I did meet you personally and as I remember you are helping to make our community better so Thank you to you too.

Once again was really nice to meet you both.

Looking forward to see you again soon.

Ciao
FF

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

The location is amazing, staff is really professional and polite. Food is fresh.congratulation to the kitchen staff in particular to chef Michele!

2  Thank Michele A
Fabio F, General Manager at Cantina del Ponte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Michele A,

Thank you for your online review and kind words.
We are pleased that you had a lovely meal with us.
Looking forward to see you at Cantina del Ponte soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

I had the pecorino wheel pasta and a tiramusù for dessert... I thew up everything in the morning.. Sorry but it had been an horrible experience. The waiters are amazing and super-professional.Just double check the expiring dates.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank stefaniafiorucci1995

Dear stefaniafiorucci1995,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are very proud of our quality and safety of our produce so please do drop me an email: fabiof@danddlondon.com so I can look in to this further.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Great place for a drinks and dinner with friends! We, once and again, loved our time there and we'll be back for sure!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank mfalda

Dear mfalda,

Thank you for your online review and kind words.
We are pleased that you had a lovely time with us.

Looking forward to see you at Cantina del Ponte soon.