“As homely and enjoyable as ever”
Review of Langans Brasserie

Langans Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Langans Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,146 of 24,408 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The legendary Langan's Brasserie restaurant boasts a great location in London's Green Park, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square. Stroll up Stratton Street to find Langan's Brasserie waiting with its warm greeting and super service. The Anglo-French cuisine and relaxed interior, complete with distinctive artworks and mismatched lampshades, have remained popular with London diners for more than forty years. The brasserie menu features traditional dishes like Langan's bangers and mash with white onion sauce; pan-fried halibut with broad beans, shrimp and capers; and treacle tart with custard or vanilla ice cream. Langan's restaurant's diverse wine list features familiar favourites from all over the world, as well as some popular French classics. Among long-running London restaurants, Langan's is one of the stars.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

One wonders if any other London restaurants have directional signage in the nearest tube station which is what is displayed at Green Park, not just to Stratton Street but to Langan's. My host kindly asked me to suggest a few restaurants in Mayfair and from the 4 offered, he selected LB. I had not visited for some time so I was really looking forward to my lunch and was not disappointed in any way. Firstly, there is a most comfortable and friendly bar annexe where one can wait for friends, guests or your table to be available. My host was reading his paper with a cool glass of Peroni in hand and I soon had the same whilst perusing the large, colourful menu. Many old favourites still abound and some new ones have been introduced,
I chose Poached eggs with smoked haddock (naturally smoked of course) with cream sauce (£14.50) and it was superb. Eggs still just slightly runny, tender flakes of flavoursome fish and an unctuous sauce. This was my food heaven.
Main course proved more difficult as so many good items but the Traditional roast duck (£25.50) with a sage and onion stuffing plus apple sauce took my eye and I added new potatoes (£4.25) to offset the richness of the duck plus mushy peas (£3.75). The duck was moist and very tender, preferable to pink and chewy for me. Full marks to the kitchen for producing proper marrow fat peas which were exceptional. So many restaurants take a short cut and serve mashed frozen peas which are a very poor substitute.
We enjoyed a bottle of Rioja Crianza "Vina Albina" 2015 which was full of fruit and not too heavy for lunchtime drinking.
I returned down my Green Park tube reminiscing about a delicious lunch with a good friend in a special restaurant. Well done.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very homely dining area and very polite staff. Had heard many good reviews about the langham so couldnt wait to try it out myself. The food was very good but maybe exaggerated in reviews, my favourite was the salmon and poached egg though the rest was slightly above average. Overall very nice but maybe not worth the price

Sam C, Guest Relations Manager at Langans Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that you find us to be overrated, it is hard for me to reply as you haven’t been more specific, but I thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This place serves honest to goodness food which never fails to hit the mark. Some upstart "gastro" establishments attempt to try to do the same, yet fall way short of the mark. It is a pleasure to have to make a choice from the menu, rather than identifying the "least worse" item to eat. Unpretentious and great fun to be in.

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback.

I am really pleased you enjoy your visits with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great evening here it’s friends, as always food and service were perfect. There is always a good broad choice on the menu at a price that is unusual for restaurants in Mayfair, also your table is yours for the evening not 2 hours. 3 of us had excellent steaks with a selection of perfectly cooked veg.
Reasonable wine list again at a fair price. Have visited here several times over the past few years and never disappointed and I sure you won’t be either. We will return

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback.

I am very happy to hear that you had a great evening with friends and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit at Langans Brasserie. The food was very enjoyable with great service. Slightly pricey but overall a lovely visit.

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.