“Delicious Ethiopian Food”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lalibela Restaurant, the home of Ethiopian cuisine in London serving you the best home-style Ethiopian food since 1993. We pride ourselves in the quality of our food and the wide selection of meat, vegetarian, fish and poultry dishes on a menu we've been perfecting for over 20 years. Enjoy the wonderful collection of art imported from all over Ethiopia giving you a window into our rich culture and History.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I visited Lalibela tonight with my partner and was very excited to taste some Ethiopian food for the first time.
We shared lamb samosas, which were crispy on the outside and had a nice crunch along with injera with aubergine dip for starters.
For mains we shared chicken with pumpkin and chicken with spinach, both dishes were wonderfully seasoned. The flavours were exemplerary. There was enough for food to feed us twice over! I also tried the Ethiopian beer which was tasty. Overall I would highly recommend Lalibela and will be revisiting very soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

So happy to have been recommended Lalibela by a friend - what a special experience. Lovely staff full of smiles, delicious food. The menu is vast but consistently delicious, I can't wait to come back. The atmosphere and decor is very warming, thanks for a wonderful dinner.

* Also they can make any veggie meal vegan, and they have gluten free bread options. Nice Ethiopian beer.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I visited this restaurant with my partner on a Friday, booked in for a 6pm slot. I hadn't actually read any reviews beforehand and was quite shocked when people had complained about slow service! I can honestly say we had a really great server. We were never waiting long to have our orders taken or the food to be served.

Anyway, down to the main bit - the food! I wasn't that sure what to expect other than to be eating with hands and we weren't disappointed. We had lentil samosas and a citrusy, spicy injera to start with. The samosas were good, nothing too fancy but the injera was really interesting, a bit sour and served cold with a citrus and vegetable sauce. I absolutely loved it, never had anything quite like it before.

For mains, we had a large injera base with lamb and pumpkin tibs, spicy aubergine and chickpea wot with a garlicky fried spinach side. There was soooo much food but it was sooo tasty!!! The spicy auberine and chickpea wot was a thick, tomatoey stew which had lots of flavour and wasn't overly spicy. I'm not the biggest lamb fan but the pumpkin was really sweet and soft in a really rich sauce. I would highly recommend the aubergine dish.

Overall, for two starters, two sizeable mains and a side, one round of drinks and an Ethiopian coffee we paid £40. This was a super meal, fast service and great ambience. I have no idea how "authentic" this was but it felt authentic to my untrained eye and tasted amazing :)

Reviewed 2 April 2017

To be honest, I could easily just cut and paste one of the reviews from below. I wasn't sure what to expect from an Ethiopian restaurant. I was expecting rustic, I got rustic, I was expecting to be eating with my hands, I ate with my hands, I was expecting as much incense as i Could handle, I got incense. What I wasn't expecting is the slowest and least attentive service i've had in a very long time. Most of the people working there seemed to be eating downstairs rather than serving, So i suggest avoiding the 6-6:30 time slot if you want to get fed. My friend and I were in there for 2 1/2 hours and had a main and a desert.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Very good food and very nice interior. Sat in the back were you enjoy a shisha!
Staff is very friendly and location is ideal (2 mins from Tufnell Park)