“Jewel in the heart of Islington ”
Review of Iznik

Iznik
Reserve with OpenTable
Iznik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,117 of 25,305 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$17 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The food is divine, really really nice - especially the Kofta. The restaurant is affordable the staff are nice, the food is lovely and the atmosphere is amazing.

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is looking for good food and a nice evening.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I've lived in Highbury for over 30 years and pass Iznik's regularly but this was only the second time I'd eaten there, the first time being two weeks ago. That should tell you everything. Being a Thursday evening, I had no trouble getting a table for 3 without a reservation. We had shared a selection of cold starters, then hot main dishes and left room for dessert (home made rice pudding and walnuts in figs). Together with beers and mineral water as well as teas and coffees, the bill was 30 quid a head. Not bad given the number of dishes and the quality/taste of the food. As you'd expect on a relatively quiet night, service was good and it was nice to be served by and able to talk to the owner.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Came here midweek for dinner. Had read the good reviews and was disappointed. The quality of the food was less than at other Turkish restaurants in North London we have been to. The Halloumi was also ridiculously salty - so much so that the plate wasn’t empty when we sent it back. We both commented on how this was the first time we had ever left Halloumi! The saving grace however was freshly squeezed apple juice. It was very welcome and unexpected. We won’t be making a return journey.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Iznik has always been a popular choice amongst my friends and family for an evening meal of Turkish favourites with a modern twist. To enter into this small but perfectly formed restaurant adorned with artefacts, tasteful antiquities and beautiful lighting transports you to a world far way from the bustling thoroughfare of Highbury Barn.

it was indeed a wonderful surprise to see that Adam and Pearl were opening their doors for breakfast/lunch at weekends. Myself and my husband arrived for breakfast and we were not disappointed.

The menu has a lot of choice with everything from a full English to Turkish sweet and savoury breakfast dishes. It was difficult to choose but eventually I chose a Turkish omelette which was delicious. Three eggs laid on top of grated potato base which was seasoned to perfection and very different from anything I have had before. My husband ordered a full English breakfast which was a generous portion of sausage, bacon, beans, mushrooms, eggs and tomatoes. Homemade apricot jam and Turkish bread completed the first of many more breakfasts at Iznik to come. All cooked perfectly from our hosts who continue to deliver good quality food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is just around the corner and my favorite for comfort food, lovingly prepared. Turkish Mediterranean always seems healthy and tasty. I feel fine going there on my own but usually go with family and/or friends. Easy to get to from Finsbury Park or Highbury & Islington but away from the hustle and bustle around those stations. There is a bus stop right in front if you don't want to walk through Highbury Fields or down the Blackstock road. Enjoy!!!