“Excellent service and tasteful food.”

The Butlers Wharf Chop House
Ranked #1,911 of 25,464 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$23 - US$64
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We pride ourselves on serving modern British food that is locally sourced. Being located along London's riverside we have all kinds of amazing suppliers at our finger tips with the likes of Cannon and Cannon from Borough Market bringing you the best in British charcuterie and grass-fed Spey side Angus X steaks, our restaurant is brimming with quality ingredients. As well as meat we like to think our fish & seafood is pretty good too, with Foreman's smoked salmon, Carlingford Rocks Oysters and sumptuous lobster. Soak up magnificent views across to Tower Bridge and beyond, we like to think this it is the perfect place to come and sample one of our craft ale's or peruse our extensive gin list. The Chop House bar has a relaxed atmosphere adjacent to the main restaurant and is a great place to stop by for a quick bite to eat or to enjoy cocktails in a relaxed setting, overlooking Tower Bridge. Whether you're on a lunch break with colleagues or popping in at the weekend with family there is something for everybody's taste.
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We pop in on Monday and the restaurant was full, rush time or something like it.
Besides all the rush, the food was amazing, very tasteful and the steak cooked to perfection, one of the best places to have a good steak in central London.
The service was great, a very smiling waitress called Alina, that recommended us a good wine to match the food and offered us some nibbles while waiting for the meal.
The restaurant have a very pleasant atmosphere and I would recommend it any time.

Danny H, General Manager at The Butlers Wharf Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Hugo_Bucussi,

Thank you for the praise on the food quality and service standards. Alina has been excelling over the past couple of months and is a valued asset to my team here at Butlers Wharf Chop House.

It makes our jobs rewarding when we hear and read such praises like this review.

We hope you do return back to the wharf for another scrumptious meal.

Inter General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for many years & it is always such a special treat. This visit was no exception.

From the minute we walked in, the wait at the bar for our friends to join us, the drinks, the service & the food were all outstanding again.

Thank you so much, we look forward to another visit.

Danny H, General Manager at The Butlers Wharf Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Heidi B,

This review has literally just made my day! With the unusual indian summer that we are currently enjoying this week, followed by these positive remarks. Well, I just cant stop smiling!

We hope you return once again!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Nice ambiance, tasty food! Thank you to a beautiful waitress Alina Mihai for her lovely smile and great service! Hope we will come back soon:)

Danny H, General Manager at The Butlers Wharf Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear irinaceban,

Thank you for leaving this review on Trip Advisor. I will make sure I reiterate your praise to Alina today when she starts her shift. I am very impressed you got her whole name correct!!

Have a lovely day,

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Took just over 30 minutes for 3 starters to come out, 1 of them was for a toddler from the children's menu; how it took so long to prep some cucumber sticks, toast and hummus is beyond me. From there an hour for a a group of main courses. Within the duration, we watched as groups sat down after us, finished their courses and leave before our main courses even arrived. We spoke to 3 different wait staff, one who was dismissive and rolled her eyes at us as we asked how much longer the wait would be.

We had all decided to up and leave and asked the waiter for the bill on what we have received only to be reassured yet again our dishes are now top priority and it will be out soon. Soon enough it was, no apologies for the wait or anything, just food dropped in front of us - great job everyone!

by now, our appetite was ruined as well as our mood, the child at the table was now sick of waiting and visibly tired. Food was at this point a disappointment, not worth the wait.

Spoke to the manager who apologized, and removed the child's set menu from the bill (which made up less than 5% of the overall bill).

Also had an extensive wait for a bottle of water, by the time desert came out (as part of the kids set menu) it was barely touched, everyone just wanted to leave already. The bill itself took another 30 minutes of calling waiters just so we could pay.

Danny H, General Manager at The Butlers Wharf Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear JnXC,

Words cannot express how devestated I am to know that our Friday night service collapsed to such a degree. This is certanly in no way a true reflection of our standards in service from the kitchen to the floor. I have had to hold a meeting with my management team immediately that were working and running this dinner service to understand how these implications developed so early into this evening. Because I cannot have the same scenario unfold and I am not prepared to allow this to ever happen again.

It would be hugely appreciated if I could speak to you personally on the phone at some point this week. I understand it being the weekend you will not want to be disturbed, but at your own convenience I would like to create some dialogue and discuss your dining experience, one to one. As my main prioity is to ensure that every single guest that walks into this restaurant has the exact same wholesome food and warmth in service that we are profoundly known for delivering.

My email address is Dannyh@danddlondon.com

Again, I am so sorry on a professional leve and personal level.

I hope we can speak soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Excellent sunday dinner here yesterday, great view, and an even better meal! The wine offer was a bargain, and all topped off by the service from George (from Romania! :-) ) who looked after us the whole time - nothing was too much effort for him...thanks again!

Danny H, General Manager at The Butlers Wharf Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear LondonLightweight81,

Wow - You should of seen the facial expression pulled by George when we read these comments out at our briefing yesterday. Thank you so much for making his day!!!!

You are more than welcome and I do hope you come back soon.