“great sharring menu- boozy brunch”
Review of Asia de Cuba

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Cross street: Long Acre
Transit: Leicester Square, Charing Cross, Covent garden, Picadilly Circus
Description: For global travellers with a cultured palate and a love of variety, Asia de Cuba at St Martins Lane is a destination restaurant with a whimsical, enchanting interior design and a must-taste fusion philosophy. Cuban-born executive concept chef Luis Pous enhances Jeffrey Chodorow’s original culinary vision with experimental combinations and a new twist on old favourites. Inspired by the cultural synthesis of old Havana’s Chinatown, Pous interprets Asian-influenced Cuban fare for a modern crowd and a discerning palate. Reflecting the same authentic preparations, tropical accents and sharing-style presentation, Asia de Cuba is a chic dining sanctuary. For a taste of the tropics and loved by guests and food critics alike, the menu is full of fresh ingredients, handcrafted dishes, as well as our signature ceviche's. Teamed with our eye-catching interiors, Asia de Cuba makes for an unforgettable dining experience with surprising cultural flavours.
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Really enjoyed the food, service was great it was a shame the live music is only on for a couple of hours over the bottomless brunch! Would have nice to have music throughout, otherwise lots of food and a thoroughly enjoyable meal!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
MorgansLondon, Supervisor at Asia de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear  laurashelley2018,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Asia de Cuba. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed thoroughly both the food and service. We truly believe the live music makes all the difference, however despite the live band only play for a short period of time the Latin rhythms always continue throughout the day in an original and unique playlist combining multiple bands and musicians.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Asia de Cuba very soon.

With kindest regards,
Carlos

Write a ReviewReviews (2,376)

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Great location, next to Trafalgar Square, nice vibe and attentive service.

My starter was ceviche which was fantastic. My mains was tuna, which was nice but a tiny bit bland by comparison. My friend had the spiced half chicken, which was also good but a tiny bit bland. Dessert was donuts, also good. We also ordered a couple of sides fried rice, Bok-Choy and rice; which were all tasty.

There was was an offer online so price for 3 courses a non-alcoholic and alcoholic cocktail with sides was about £50 pp.

Overall would recommend, the restaurant is tucked inside a restaurant so not well signposted. It has a hipster entrance as you walk in.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
MorgansLondon, Supervisor at Asia de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Diana M,

Thank you for your four-star review. We really do appreciate our guests taking the time to leave us feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you found a couple dishes to be slightly bland. We always tried to ask for food feedback throughout our guests' meal so we can promptly replace any dish that is not up to standards. Nevertheless, I’m delighted to hear that you enjoy the overall experience and you were able to try our signature dessert, the Mexican Doughnuts.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in order to show you that we can do much better.

For any other queries please don’t hesitate to contact me at carlos.deoliveira@sbe.com.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Had a lovely time, lovely meal and yummy mojito! The only issue is that this little gem is truly HIDDEN, and the directions don't mention it's inside a hotel. :(

Dear Tiafinn,

Thank you for taking the time to review Asia de Cuba. We are delighted to hear that you found the food and the service to be excellent. We take pride in our mojitos, as they are prepared with fresh sugar cane juice, making them so unique.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Asia de Cuba very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Four of us went for a pre-Theatre meal. Sadly the service that we had was poor with most inattentive waiters. We waited 25 minutes for a drink in an unbusy bar area before we ate. This unfortunately tends to colour the rest of your experience. The poor waiting theme continued throughout our stay, with us having to find a waiter on two occasions. Our food was mainly very good; we chose the pre theatre menu which didn’t have much choice, but the calamari salad and the Tuna dish were good whereas we were disappointed with the chicken breast. We could have had a wider choice with the a la Carte menu but were pushed for time. We were also served one wrong side dish. To be absolutely fair we were each given a Mojito Cocktail by the management and had 10% knocked off our bill, and no service charge added (normally15%), so for that we were grateful. We have been several times before to Asia Cuba when it has been excellent in all departments, I do hope it returns to that standard. Would we go again? Probably not at present because there are so many better places to eat in that area.

MorgansLondon, Supervisor at Asia de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Poole Dorset, thank you for taking the time to review us.

I’m sorry to hear we fell short on your recent visit. I can assure you this is not the way we work. We thrive to provide to all our guests not only a great gastronomic experience but also an exceptional service. In name of Asia de Cuba I would love to invite you back, so I could personally assure you could experience the service we are so well known for. Please don’t hesitate in contact me at carlos.deoliveira@sbe.com so I can personally book you in.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing dinner - I couldn’t fault anything about my evening (was very surprised to see some poor reviews only added just recently).
Alex in particular was fantastic and very attentive.
I will definitely be going back. Thank you Alex for making it perfect.

MorgansLondon, Supervisor at Asia de Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Roshini P,

We were delighted to read your kind comments following your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I was so pleased to hear that everything exceeded your expectations. Alex is one of our best waiters, and I will make sure I will pass your kind comments about his service to him, he will certainly appreciate the positive feedback.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Carlos