“one of the best vegetarian meals I've ever had!”

St. Gabriel Ethiopian Delicatessen
Ranked #10,114 of 25,296 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Three of us came here about a month ago to eat, two of us had a vegetarian selection to share, the other one had a meat dish. I thought the vegetarian selection was excellent, new flavours which were delicious, the portions were huge with lots of injeera bread. I can't wait to visit again, my friend also enjoyed her meat dish, what a great meal, very friendly staff and clean restaurant, highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Nice place to test Ethiopian food.
Specially vegetarian.
This cafe is a branch of St Gabriel cafe the one where found in Finsbury park.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Food was good, filling, and cheap. As a bonus, it's good for those who are "gluten-free" as non-wheat flours are used.

Note on service: Full menu was clearly only available for those of a certain ethnicity and religion. Otherwise, you may receive a watered down menu, or no menu at all. Owners merely tolerate English-speaking individuals, and look upon them in bemusement whilst serving up proper food for those within their immediate community. We suspect that we were only served due to our ambiguous heritages and assertive behaviours. Those a little more reserved may feel intimidated.

In summary, whilst the food was genuinely very nice, we had the slightly odd sensation of having strayed onto someone else's turf.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I never leave these reviews but was so happy to find such a healthy, affordable restaurant tucked away in London just near the Cinema Museum. Perfect service too!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

This unusual eatery serves authentic Ethiopian cuisine. We ordered some chickpea curry and it was served with a very large piece of Ethiopian bread called iffengieria or some something like that, it resembled a very large scotch pancake. Although it was for one, it was enough for 2 adults. I have now ticked off the Ethiopian cuisine off my list.