All reviews euston station british museum shared bathroom budget accommodation single room shared facilities laundry facilities russell square fresh fruit breakfast was amazing rooms are clean bus routes luggage room common areas location is great reception staff light sleeper
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Room: Clean, not very big, but is good enough for one person. Though the bathroom is shared, there is a sink inside the room, which makes it very convenient especially in the morning. But, the ground floor noise level is rather high, you can hear the cars, people talking etc. So, can be rather disturbing when sleeping. There are quite a few bathrooms and toilets around, which are all very clean and well maintained. Another negative side is the towel given was very rough to the skin.

Location: Excellent. Just a short walk from Euston station (Northern line & train services)

Breakfast: Much better than the usual (consider the price I paid). Include both hot and cold food. They tried to change some items daily. For example, waffles, scrambled eggs and grilled tomatoes on one day, and pancakes, hard-boiled eggs and mashed tomatoes on another.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank yvet0
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hi Yvet0,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback about recent stay at LSE Passfield Hall. We are delighted you enjoyed our location, breakfast and our cleanliness. We hope you return to London and Passfield Hall again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The room was smelling of urine and the bed had hairs, long and short hair and I was surprised to see a note in the room that the bed linnens are changed once a week.they left instructions saying that the receptionists are working till 10:30; afterwards the security take over and can offer limited assistance.
I was upset as my room was given to someone else and I was given this bad smelling dirty room.
The room was so hot ...sauna like .. I opened the door and window but did not help and couldn't sleep till 2 am and woke up at 6 ... cars sounds are very loud.
The toilets were floaded and wanted to grab my phone and take picture but couldn't withstand the picture and was going to throw up.
The room is too expensive and doesn't worth it. If I did not arrive late at 10 pm, and if I did not have to stay few hours till the morning I was going to leave. I would never return and would never recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: Not worth it
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hi Angelgog

We are terribly sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay at LSE Passfield Hall. Unfortunately we do not install air conditioning in our rooms which we can understand can be problematic during the hotter Summer months. Housekeeping should also be undertaken every 2-3 days and are perplexed to a note suggesting otherwise. Due to central London location we also do have some noise pollution from passing cars on occasion. We are sorry to hear of flooded toilets and would suggests any issues to be reported to our front desk team for immediate repair.

Regardless, we apologize again and we hope you return to London again soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I have previously stayed in Bankside House and was very impressed. Not able to book there for this trip I chose Passfield Hall as an alternative. The location is excellent for anyone arriving at Euston or Kings Cross stations - a very short walk. Entry is secure and the admin/ check-in procedure was friendly and quick. It would have been very difficult to fall out of the single bed given the compact style, but the room was only a place to sleep, not a suite at the Ritz. There was a desk and sink. A shared toilet and shower might not be everyone's cup of tea, but proved not problematic. The breakfast was brilliant - really anything you might require to set you up for a day about town and there were very helpful staff in the canteen area. I slept soundly every night of my stay and found the surrounding area quiet and salubrious. The British Museum is close, as is the British Library. Residents of nearby streets in days gone by include J M Keynes, Virginia Woolf and Kenneth Williams. There is a facility allowing one to leave luggage in a secure room, which was very useful as my train was not until 20.00. This accommodation is well-run and offers excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi CJPH69,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback - we are delighted you enjoyed your time with us - particularly our breakfast, location, value for money and customer service.

We hope you enjoyed London and that you come again soon!

Thanks

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed for 2 nights. Although the communal toilet and showers was a bit of a put off, the rest of the facilities are great. The breakfast was abundant and tasty. The games room was a definite hit, we played table tennis, table football and pool. We also had games of monololy, chess, draughts and dominoes. When you have a small child it's difficult entertaining them at night so this was a nice change. The rooms are big and the beds comfy. We were next door to the loos so that was fine. All in all a good deal. We'll be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Angela,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay at Passfield Hall. We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfast service and additional features. We hope you return to London again soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Passfield Hall was so hospitable - way more than I expected from what is a student hall most of the time. The bathrooms are shared but you get your own little set of free toiletries, clean towels, and there's coffee mugs in the kitchen. This was my first experience of shared-bathroom holiday accommodation and I was really impressed at the clean, quiet shower rooms and toilets. My bedroom was also generously sized, with a wash basin and writing desk, and as it was a hot August I appreciated the desk fan.

You get 24 hour access to the building with your key card. There is also use of a luggage room, just ask at the front desk. That was very useful for me as it meant I didn't have to carry my bag around London on the last day of my trip.

They do breakfast but I was too busy to try it. And oh yeah, the wifi's free and REALLY fast.

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay at LSE Passfield Hall. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us - particularly our amenities, Wi-Fi and other features.

We hope you return to London and LSE Vacations again soon.

Regards,