We had difficulty finding it in the first place as it's just a small plaque saying LSE Passfield Hall, not in any way like a hotel sign (which it isn't of course). We were on the second floor at the back of the building so was very quiet, except that the radiator made the most horrendous noise at about midnight on our first night there. It was actually turned off and I had to turn it on to stop the noise (which was like pneumatic drill). Consequently, for the rest of our stay, we had to leave the radiator on, which did make it a bit warm in the middle of the night.
The room was quite large and basic with many stains on the carpet, which was a bit off putting but I don't think it was actually dirty, probably tea and coffee stains. Knowing what to expect, we took a travel kettle and some tea and coffee so could make ourselves a drink if required, I also took a hairdryer as they aren't provided either. The toilets and showers on our floor were closed, so we had to go either up or down a flight of stairs whenever we needed to 'go' which was a bit of a bind, but even having to 'double up' with the other floors, I only saw someone else on two occasions. The breakfast is superb and really set us up for the day. There are lots of buses into the West End, and it's a steady walk to Oxford Street. An absolute bargain if you're on a budget and we will definitely stay here the next time we visit London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Passfield Hall provides great value bed and breakfast accommodation in Bloomsbury. The hall boasts a unique mix of classic Georgian architecture and modern facilities in central London.Passfield is well-placed for the West End and all of the main attractions of central London. The British Museum and British Library are only a short walk away. Rooms at Passfield are available at Christmas and New Year, spring and summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your LSE Passfield Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Passfield Hall Hotel London
- LSE Passfield Hall London