All reviews euston station british museum shared bathroom budget accommodation single room shared facilities laundry facilities russell square fresh fruit breakfast was amazing rooms are clean bus routes luggage room common areas location is great reception staff light sleeper
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I have previously stayed in Bankside House and was very impressed. Not able to book there for this trip I chose Passfield Hall as an alternative. The location is excellent for anyone arriving at Euston or Kings Cross stations - a very short walk. Entry is secure and the admin/ check-in procedure was friendly and quick. It would have been very difficult to fall out of the single bed given the compact style, but the room was only a place to sleep, not a suite at the Ritz. There was a desk and sink. A shared toilet and shower might not be everyone's cup of tea, but proved not problematic. The breakfast was brilliant - really anything you might require to set you up for a day about town and there were very helpful staff in the canteen area. I slept soundly every night of my stay and found the surrounding area quiet and salubrious. The British Museum is close, as is the British Library. Residents of nearby streets in days gone by include J M Keynes, Virginia Woolf and Kenneth Williams. There is a facility allowing one to leave luggage in a secure room, which was very useful as my train was not until 20.00. This accommodation is well-run and offers excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi CJPH69,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback - we are delighted you enjoyed your time with us - particularly our breakfast, location, value for money and customer service.

We hope you enjoyed London and that you come again soon!

Thanks

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed for 2 nights. Although the communal toilet and showers was a bit of a put off, the rest of the facilities are great. The breakfast was abundant and tasty. The games room was a definite hit, we played table tennis, table football and pool. We also had games of monololy, chess, draughts and dominoes. When you have a small child it's difficult entertaining them at night so this was a nice change. The rooms are big and the beds comfy. We were next door to the loos so that was fine. All in all a good deal. We'll be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Angela,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay at Passfield Hall. We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfast service and additional features. We hope you return to London again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Passfield Hall was so hospitable - way more than I expected from what is a student hall most of the time. The bathrooms are shared but you get your own little set of free toiletries, clean towels, and there's coffee mugs in the kitchen. This was my first experience of shared-bathroom holiday accommodation and I was really impressed at the clean, quiet shower rooms and toilets. My bedroom was also generously sized, with a wash basin and writing desk, and as it was a hot August I appreciated the desk fan.

You get 24 hour access to the building with your key card. There is also use of a luggage room, just ask at the front desk. That was very useful for me as it meant I didn't have to carry my bag around London on the last day of my trip.

They do breakfast but I was too busy to try it. And oh yeah, the wifi's free and REALLY fast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay at LSE Passfield Hall. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us - particularly our amenities, Wi-Fi and other features.

We hope you return to London and LSE Vacations again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is basic clean accommodation, some rooms have shared bathroom and toilets (which are kept very clean)

Reception staff excellent
Rooms very comfortable
To lift to third floor
Breakfast was amazing and the choice fantastic
Location central

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi Davesou123,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay at LSE Passfield Hall. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us - particularly our customer service, breakfast, location and lots more.

Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stayed here for one night to attend 'Open Garden Squares' weekend.
My review reflects the cost of £69.60 for two people including breakfast.
The location is brilliant, just across the road from Euston Station. The rooms although sparse, as cited on its website, are spacious and clean and include towels, soap and free WiFi.
We had a shared bathroom and despite many people staying there the bathroom was empty every time I wanted to use it. The shower was clean and hot with good water pressure. However I personally thought the bathroom facilities could do with a lick of paint to freshen them up.
Breakfast was excellent and included all the items you'd expect for a full English including vegetarian sausages, cereals, fresh fruit, tinned fruit, yogurt, cheese, ham, pain au chocolat, croissants, toast, jam etc. There was coffee machine for a range of coffees and also regular filter coffee in a jug.
Outside the dining room was a garden terrace where you could take your breakfast.
Passfield Hall attracts a range of customers of different ages and we noticed single travellers, couples, families and larger groups.
We stayed in an annex across the courtyard and noticed a launderette in a building which would be great if you were staying for a week.
I would highly recommend this accommodation if you are looking for great value for money in a safe location. We will certainly be booking again and I would happily stay here if I travelled alone.

Room Tip: Lower ground annex was extremely quiet on a Saturday night and we didn't experience any queuing for the bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
LSEVacationsTeam, Marketing Officer at LSE Passfield Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Hi ALH57,

Thanks for leaving feedback about your recent stay at LSE Passfield Hall. We are delighted you enjoyed our value for money, location and breakfast service !

We hope you return to London and LSE Passfield Hall again soon.