“Amazing space”
Review of Finborough Theatre

Finborough Theatre
Ranked #701 of 1,839 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London's leading Off West End theatre.
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I went here for the first time yesterday. A group of five us went to see Homos, or everyone else in America.

There had been a power cut so.we could not use the bar, as there had been a flood. But we waited outside because the theatre space had not been affected, thankfully.

When we entered the space, I was blown away. One scene in the play is set in a Lush shop, so there are bath bombs stacked in corners and the smell is really evocative. There is send in the middle of the space and scattered around the outskirts. And this is clever because of the relationship is non linear and the sands of time are against the central couple.

The performances in this play are outstanding. And the writing is really sharp and very funny. The space itself is fringe theatre at it's very best and I will gladly return. Just sorry I had never been here before, as this is an incredible play and a truly welcoming venue.

All reviews
"actors"
in 3 reviews
"tube"

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Saw the show in this intimate (50 seats) theatre above the pub. That makes life easy for drink before and after. Thoughtfully there are plastic glasses to take in your interval drink. The experience embellished by the wonderful musical. I learned much that I did not know. The cast were fantastic.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I had not been to this theatre before but had a fantastic time
I was enthralled by the play and amazed at the skill of the actors and direction
What a wonderful experience all round
The theatre is small and perfect for intimate theatre
The only very small thing for me were the seats for my less than flexible body were not that comfy but hey only strangely for five mins late in the first act
I can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Some of the best theatre in London isn't in the West End at lavish West End prices, but on the fringe circuit. Theatres such as Jermyn Street, the White Bear in Kennington, the Questors in Ealing and this venue above a pub in Earl's Court, offer more intimate but equally beguiling dramatic encounters. We saw a revival of Jerome K. Jerome' almost-forgotten 'The Passing of the Third Floor Back', a haunting and often moving - if at times quaintsy - play by the author of 'Three Men in a Boat'. The pub downstairs is invariably packed, so head to the nearby Troubador for a slice of 50s/60s bohemia.