“The White Man On The Bus”
Review of Finborough Theatre

Finborough Theatre
Ranked #701 of 1,839 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London's leading Off West End theatre.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I had not been to this theatre before but had a fantastic time
I was enthralled by the play and amazed at the skill of the actors and direction
What a wonderful experience all round
The theatre is small and perfect for intimate theatre
The only very small thing for me were the seats for my less than flexible body were not that comfy but hey only strangely for five mins late in the first act
I can’t wait to go back

"actors"
in 3 reviews
"tube"

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Some of the best theatre in London isn't in the West End at lavish West End prices, but on the fringe circuit. Theatres such as Jermyn Street, the White Bear in Kennington, the Questors in Ealing and this venue above a pub in Earl's Court, offer more intimate but equally beguiling dramatic encounters. We saw a revival of Jerome K. Jerome' almost-forgotten 'The Passing of the Third Floor Back', a haunting and often moving - if at times quaintsy - play by the author of 'Three Men in a Boat'. The pub downstairs is invariably packed, so head to the nearby Troubador for a slice of 50s/60s bohemia.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

For new plays and serious writing, we always head to the Finborough Theatre. Recently we saw "Everything between us," a very good production. Highly recommended for supporting a new generation of playwrights, acting, and performance.

Good restaurants nearby; easily accessible by bus and tube.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Some really unusual plays performed here. The actual theatre is up some stairs that could be forbidding for the less sure footed.
The pub downstairs can be noisy and expensive, but for the purely theatrical experience its worth a high rating.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 October 2016

We saw 'Adding Machine: A Musical' here: excellent production and very well performed. It deserves to transfer to a larger theatre. We then had drinks in the pub and ordered pizzas at the bar from Firezza, a takeaway next door. The pub was very relaxed and friendly. I wish this place was in my neighbourhood - I would be a regular.