“Always a good time”

Ranked #689 of 24,437 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Description: Serving up hearty Texan BBQ and blues music, The Blues Kitchen brings a touch of southern soul to East London. Vintage music posters imported from Nashville, a 1950's airstream caravan, light fixtures made from gramophones and luxury leather style booths, not to mention the knowledge that music icons including Mud Morganfield, The Jim Jones Revue, Norman Jay & Andrew Weatherall have played here, make The Blues Kitchen feel like its been here forever. With all American favourites, including the most epic burgers, lobsters and mac n' cheese on the menu The Blues Kitchen will have your stomach singing a more cheerful song.
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for my other half's birthday dinner 6 months ago for the first time. The waitress we had was very friendly, and helped us select beer from the long list. The food was incredible, we were both impressed with the flavour and portion size. The prices are definitely fair for what you're getting.
We returned here with a group of friends just for drinks and live music in November and had a great time. It's not the cheapest bar in Shoreditch but it is one of the coolest. The crowd (and it is crowded!) are a nice mix and the music is great (though a bit too loud to have a conversation). The decor of the place is awesome. We are making it our mission to come back and rent the 'trailer' table next time for the full VIP experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Really cool bar with a great atmosphere. Friendly, witty staff who brought over a round of shots when they heard it was my birthday. Generous cocktails, standard pricing. A bottle of Prosecco was around £30. Upstairs has a large square central bar but was quite busy. Would suggest popping downstairs to where the toilets and clock room are (£2 an item) and you’ll find a smaller ‘whiskey’ room which was quieter and had more tables and seating. Queue started to get longer after 8pm, put your name on the guest list to get straight in.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Normally go to the Brixton BK but was in the area on a Saturday night. No tables available but lady at the door was helpful and managed to get us dining seats at the bar. Although a very busy night, we were attended to quickly and the food came in good time. We had the 'Wings and Things' sharing platter and the cheese burger with fries and coleslaw. Everything was tasty. The sauce on the burnt ends was fab and chicken wings had a nice tang to them.
Overall, a pleasant dining experience with friendly staff and made even better by the live band playing tunes including Michael Jackson!!!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the blues kitchen with my girlfriend for an early evening meal and we were excited to check this place out because of the general positive reviews on tripadvisor.

Although we hadn’t booked a table, we were lucky to be accommodated but told the table would be needed back in an hour and a half. Fair enough.

We placed our orders with an aggressive mannered waitress who continued to interrupt our meal throughout. I had finished my plate but my girlfriend was still eating when the waitress snatched my plate away. The moment my girlfriend finished her meal, she snatched her plate away too. We were given no time whatsoever to enjoy our food.

At one point my girlfriend was deep in conversation when the same waitress completely interrupted her without a second thought and basically threw a dessert menu at us. Our whole time being in the restaurant was 50 minutes, we barely had time to allow our food to go down.

Beyond this, the food was absolutely average. I ordered the burnt ends which were doused in way too much BBQ sauce and my girlfriend had the cheeseburger which was relatively cold.

This place doesn’t deserve the credit it’s receiving on tripadvisor and the service really needs to sharpen up otherwise others will be on to this poor place in the buzzing Shoreditch.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Really like this place. Food is always hit and miss but the atmosphere is great. Great cocktail menu too. Not always easy to get in after 9pm so best is to book a table