“Shoreditch BK”

The Blues Kitchen - Shoreditch
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blues Kitchen - Shoreditch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #791 of 25,436 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shoreditch
Description: Serving up hearty Texan BBQ and blues music, The Blues Kitchen brings a touch of southern soul to East London. Vintage music posters imported from Nashville, a 1950's airstream caravan, light fixtures made from gramophones and luxury leather style booths, not to mention the knowledge that music icons including Mud Morganfield, The Jim Jones Revue, Norman Jay & Andrew Weatherall have played here, make The Blues Kitchen feel like its been here forever. With all American favourites, including the most epic burgers, lobsters and mac n' cheese on the menu The Blues Kitchen will have your stomach singing a more cheerful song.
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Normally go to the Brixton BK but was in the area on a Saturday night. No tables available but lady at the door was helpful and managed to get us dining seats at the bar. Although a very busy night, we were attended to quickly and the food came in good time. We had the 'Wings and Things' sharing platter and the cheese burger with fries and coleslaw. Everything was tasty. The sauce on the burnt ends was fab and chicken wings had a nice tang to them.
Overall, a pleasant dining experience with friendly staff and made even better by the live band playing tunes including Michael Jackson!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the blues kitchen with my girlfriend for an early evening meal and we were excited to check this place out because of the general positive reviews on tripadvisor.

Although we hadn’t booked a table, we were lucky to be accommodated but told the table would be needed back in an hour and a half. Fair enough.

We placed our orders with an aggressive mannered waitress who continued to interrupt our meal throughout. I had finished my plate but my girlfriend was still eating when the waitress snatched my plate away. The moment my girlfriend finished her meal, she snatched her plate away too. We were given no time whatsoever to enjoy our food.

At one point my girlfriend was deep in conversation when the same waitress completely interrupted her without a second thought and basically threw a dessert menu at us. Our whole time being in the restaurant was 50 minutes, we barely had time to allow our food to go down.

Beyond this, the food was absolutely average. I ordered the burnt ends which were doused in way too much BBQ sauce and my girlfriend had the cheeseburger which was relatively cold.

This place doesn’t deserve the credit it’s receiving on tripadvisor and the service really needs to sharpen up otherwise others will be on to this poor place in the buzzing Shoreditch.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Really like this place. Food is always hit and miss but the atmosphere is great. Great cocktail menu too. Not always easy to get in after 9pm so best is to book a table

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I love this venue, full of character and really nicely done out. There isn’t a huge choice on the menu, and nothing very exciting, but I guess the aim is for fast service. I had the pork ribs with fries and coleslaw - there was very little meat on the ribs, the fries were ok, the coleslaw was a tiny, limp portion. The service was fast but nothing outstanding. All in all, it’s only the venue itself that gives a reason to visit. A little emphasis on food quality and personal service would make all the difference

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in there on a Sunday night.
We didn’t have a table booked but luckily a group didn’t show up for their booking so we were seated within 30 mins and food arrived very quickly.
The host at the door was super nice and friendly , the waitress not so much. She was abrupt and didn’t seem like she liked her job.
The food was really so good, fresh and flavourful.
As for the music...
There was a live singer who was awful. Unfortunate he became a point of topic.
But the food was good so will definitely go back again.