Open today: 10:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Great fun

Great fun learning how to cook Thai food. A friendly place with helpful staff. Always nice to learn... read more

Reviewed 3 July 2018
tanagogo1
Marlow, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great cookery demo experience

Can highly recommend l'atelier des chefs for super hands on cookery demonstration either by... read more

Reviewed 20 November 2018

from US$32.86
from US$138.01
from US$19.72
More Info
All reviews st pauls amazing experience great fun classes techniques lesson demonstration activity
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I chose to cook Indian chicken masala. The chef was very competent and witty man, sharing a lot of secrets about Indian cuisine in general and the dishes we were cooking in particular. He also gave us lots of additional information throughout the class - how to cut ingredients or peel some vegetables. (They have a separate class devoted to cutting technique). All the participants were involved in all the processes so it was easy to repeat this at home. Generally the atmosphere was very warm and friendly, thanks to chef.
The little shop had a good selection of kitchen stuff. I was choosing between a new knife and a knife sharpener. Taking the chef's advise I opted for the second one, I'm still using it, thank you for an advice!
Also tip for the travelers. If you're shopping on Oxford street, stop for cooking class, enjoy your lunch and then continue.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

16 students with one chef. Very little hands on cooking possible and not enough time to cook and cool macaroons and filling. Very disappointed and it was a birthday present. Felt it was all about profit over student learning and enjoyment.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

The service I received from the staff and the experience was amazing !!!

I was going to book a class for a group as we were celebrating a birthday. Unfortunately the class I wanted to book wasn't going to be held on the date I wanted. I spoke to a member of staff and explained I would like to book the sweet pastry class but it's not available on 5th Nov. The lady was extremely accommodating and added this class so that I could book it !

When we attended on the day we were welcomed with a glass of prosecco and extremely friendly staff.

The chef who was teaching the sweet pastry class was a very warm and welcoming chef and willing to answer any questions.

This is an experience I would definitely recommend.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Booked for my daughter and four friends and they had the best time. Everyone was hands on and so proud of their baking products. Would book another class again.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 19 June 2016

This was a gift for my husbands birthday and we really enjoyed it. Arrived at the St Pauls venue after work on a Friday. Greeted with a glass of wine and given a plastic apron. We were then shown how to make a Katsu chicken burger and a slaw. The chef was very good at getting the balance between demonstrating and getting us to carry out the cooking.
Lots of explanation and very happy to answer any questions. Once you have cooked your food you get to eat it which is the best bit.
We did the 30 minute class which I found about right for my concentration but if you are into your cooking they do a classes of different durations.
Highly recommended for a different night out

Date of experience: June 2016