“Totally overrated”

Ranked #4,460 of 25,305 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have been dropping into the Chiltern Firehouse Bar regularly for some time now and always had a good experience.

The other day we were hungry and changed location to the restaurant to try their food. We had the octopus and mackerel for starters. The octopus was alright but I had much better ones in London - particularly for that price. The mackerel itself was bland and the gravy around it incredibly bitter and heavy.
We then chose the grilled and glazed cauliflower which was too acidly - lemon taste was so overpowering. The label Anglais chicken was again very bland.

I would not recommend the restaurant. It is trying to be a cool and hip place. Therefore they do not seem to care about the quality of food.

1  Thank 61mail
Write a ReviewReviews (2,179)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is a fantastic place for brunch (and I assume for other meals as well)! It is a bit on the expensive side, which is why we decided to go for brunch instead of dinner. Alcoholic beverages are 17 pounds, about the same price as a meal, but they were festive and delicious. I had the hash with chorizo, which was nothing less than a work of art. Definitely recommend for a special occasion or just a fancy meal!

1  Thank Jennabeth T
Reviewed 3 April 2018

(for context: I'm not a foodie), I favor ambiance over food. Tried to book a table for months, and finally my friends took me on my birthday. It was fun because the guys at the table next to us were nice, but I had no interest in eating "with them." --but the tables were less than 6 inches apart. Expensive and turgid.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We didn't reserved and got a nice table that we had to free asap as it was already reserved. The service was good and the food excellent. I like this place as there a lot of nice people coming to have a drink and meet. The food is original and well prepared so I have not be disappointed the two times I went there.
Will be back.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Actual bars, restaurant, staff,food all excellent,but, £110 for a steak, and the smallest irish coffee I have ever had in a London restaurant at £14, outrageous.

Nice place, but so overpriced, never again sorry.

1  Thank FatTony46