“Trendy & Great Value Hotel- Restaurant Let Down!”

The Hoxton, Shoreditch
Ranked #108 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Ipswich
“Trendy & Great Value Hotel- Restaurant Let Down!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at the Hoxton Hotel for the first time on Sunday 4th March and we most certainly will return when next visiting the area again. Good size, trendy room with fab shower!! Couple of annoying things, I asked the lady on reception when checking in if we should book to eat evening meal and she said no to then turn up later to be told by snotty restaurant staff that we could only have a table for an hour so feeling pressured to rush and order we made a snap decision, which soon changed as staff informed us, in a GRILL BAR that they don't have any of the two most popular cuts of meat so ended up eating elsewhere (just down the road- Mangal Turkish Restaurant) probably saved a good 20 quid and lovely food! so please be aware if u wish to eat at the Hoxton Grill, BOOK YOUR TABLE! Will return to the Hotel though :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel achieves exactly what it sets out to. It's trendy, excellent value for money and it's in a great location. I don't know how they do it! The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, well equipped and surprisingly spacious. The bathrooms are luxurious, with excellent showers. The bar downstairs is lively, somewhere you would want to be on a Saturday night but there are loads of other great bars and restaurants nearby to choose from (the hotel even provide a guide to the best places in the immediate area). We stayed in a trendy hotel in Manhattan that was trying to be something like the Hoxton, it cost us 2 1/2 times the price to stay there and it wasn't half as good. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Accra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I booked the Hoxton Hotel because I had eaten there a few times and had always wondered what the rooms were like. Plus it was in an excellent location for my friends birthday plans!!!! I was surprised at the price and when we checked in we all were really happy with the service, the room and the lovely little touches.

All was good from the restaurant (both dinner and breakfast), the bar which is lively and quite cool in the evening - DJ was very good down to our lovely room. My one niggle is I would have loved the showers hot water to be hotter...i'm sure it has to do with health and safety but still!!!

Otherwise we all agreed the price was excellent, location spot on and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

A very cool and hip hotel in a very trendy area. The staff are polite, the food is comforting and the rooms are excellent value for money. I love the 'no frills' approach to the mini bar and the pret breakfast outside your room for when you wake up. The most impressive aspect of the hoxton hotel was that (I'm a parent of 2 so this is important..) when I arrived back after a night out with friends, the lounge and bar was buzzing with the noise of pumping music and people clearly out for a good night. My initial concern was for the noise levels in my room, however I had nothing to fear as my room was peacefully quiet..... The only thing to wake me was the sound of my own snoring.....

• Stayed March 2012
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

The hoxton is not just a stay, it's an expercience. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease and welcomed by the staff. The feel and look of the hotel is beautiful, comfortable and stylish at the same time. There's a lot going on at any given moment, from people having business meetings to hipsters having drinks and hotel guests just lounging away. I chose the hotel because of it's location away from the touristy scene (but just an easy underground ride away), and in the heart of Londen East's intresting and lively scene.

The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the rain shower great. There's free wi-fi (essential ;)) throughout the hotel. Even before check-in and after check-out the staff is willing and friendly and helps you out.

I loved the Hoxton, recommend it to anyone and look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends