“Almost too good to be true!”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #174 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Almost too good to be true!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I didn't know what to expect from the Hilton London Tower Bridge. The TripAdvisor reviews were strong, but it was significantly less expensive than the other London Hiltons, and the main thumbnail photo of the property on the Hilton website when you search for London properties is, well, unfortunate.

This property exceeded my expectations in every way. Half-asleep off a flight from NYC, I was greeted with a smile by Karol, who cheerfully upgraded me (as a HHonors Gold member) to an Executive room and granted my request for an early check-in. Five minutes after I checked in, he called up to the room to ensure that everything was to my satisfaction.

The room was fantastic. Everything seemed brand new, the bed was comfortable, the placement of light switches and outlets made sense and there was a large, deep bathtub that I used every night of my stay.

I ordered room service from the late menu both nights of my stay, and it arrived quickly. Plus, call me crazy, but the gentleman who delivered seemed to genuinely care that I enjoyed my meal!

The location was great. The London Bridge stop on the Jubilee line is a 2-3 minute walk. My first night, I went to a show at the O2 Arena, and I got there in 20 minutes door-to-door. The next night, I walked a few blocks in the opposite direction to the Draft House for excellent fish and chips, cold pints and free WiFi.

I really can't remember the last time I was so pleasantly surprised by a hotel. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank onthelanai
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you took the chance on us despite not knowing our hotel. I was so happy to read that you were not disappointed and that we exceeded your expectations in every way.

I am glad that you found the room so fantastic and that you enjoyed the room service so much. On your next stay why not try out our Takara Sushi restaurant?

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Sven M. Goosen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stay here when I can get in and when I can get a decent rate. I found 3 nights recently online for about 135 GBP including taxes and breakfast from travelocity. Anyway, the hotel is really well located both for the city and the London Bridge area. Rooms are quite spacious and well appointed. TV is a bit small though. The bar area is surprsingly buzzy and there is a newish sushi bar also in the lobby area. Service is good and the breakfast buffet has just about everything you could want, (including black pudding).
A good hotel and to my mind the best option in the London Bridge area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MetalPigeon
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
We appreciate your positive feedback about your recent stay with us.

I was happy to read that you found our hotel to be well located both for the city and the London Bridge and Tower Bridge areas. We also noted your comments about the rooms being spacious and well appointed. I noted your comment about the TV being a bit small and am happy to report that we are about to upgrade and replace all TV's to a minimum 37 inch size for standard rooms and larger for the upgraded room types.

I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and hope that you will try the Takara Sushi bar on your next stay as we are getting some great feedback about this new outlet.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a mid-week break. Staff were very attentive to my every need. Service is by far the best I have experienced in London. A special word of mention needs to go to Anousia from guest services, Sven the hotel manager and Alexandru from reception.
Food is superb. Value for money at the salad bar for lunch is fantastic. You have to try the Sushi at the new Takara resurant.
I will make this hotel my future home when in London.

Room Tip: Definately reccoment that you upgrade to a Delux room for the additional benefits.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 541MichaelL
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my team were attentive to your needs. I will pass on your great feedback to my kitchen team and our Executive Chef.

We appreciate the time you took to post feedback I hope to see you back at Hilton London Tower Bridge in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Tower bridge and found the location was fantastic. We could visit all of London very easily. The atmosphere and staff were welcoming. I have to say that the food in the executive lounge was amazing and Head Chef Andrew was lovely. Some of the other guests we met said the food here is the best and that is why they return year after year. I would agree. The new Sushi bar is also fantastic. We came for the sights and throughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ABC4135
We appreciate your positive feedback. I was glad to read that you found the location of our hotel so central and our team members so welcoming.

I have passed on your commentary to our Exec Chef and his kitchen team. They are very proud of the high quality food offering in the Executive Lounge as well as our Larder Restaurant, Room Service, Ruba Bar and Takara Sushi. There is a lot more to come in terms of our Sushi offering so I encourage you to keep coming back.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

sao paulo
Reviewed 1 March 2012

i stayed 13 nights (feb 14 2012 to feb 28 2012). great localization, 2 undergrounds stations close, several points of interest close to the hotel. The staff is very good, marzia (manager office) helped me , since reservation by email several months prior and gave total attetintion in my stay, i got 2 connected rooms for my family (couple and 3 kids), every day i received an compliment as vines , water and chocolates).
From now on, is my reference when i will come back to London

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vicentemuratore
Sven G, General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
We appreciate the time you took to post comments abour your stay.

It was good to read that you liked the location, the tourist attractions, team members, complimentary wine in your room as well as the service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.