All reviewsleisure facilitiesgood sizestayed here for one nightbarnetgymmotorwaytoiletriesproximitytube
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Don't understand some negative reviews on this hotel we've just had Easter weekend there working nights we wasn't supposed to have checked in til 2pm we actually finished work at 8am got to hotel at 9am they found us 3 rooms straight away reception staff can't do enough for you all the staff really make this hotel stand out from the rest massive thanks to Christina on reception for looking after us food is lovely hotel spotlessly clean room service gym pool free parking easy access to A1 M1 will definitely be booking this hotel when ever we r down there thanks again

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
emmaraybould, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel, i will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Cristina who i'm sure will be happy to read them.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed 27 March 2018

As a Spire Elite member I spend a huge amount in Holiday Inns, this is by far the worst.
Reception staff lovely, you walk in and it looks fabulous, then sadly you enter your room.
The bed rolled across the floor when I sat on it, smelt musty, wallpaper peeling off the wall, mouldy patches on the wallpaper, the bath cover had clearly been replaced and was about an inch to small, cracked basin, hole in the bathroom that had been stuffed with toilet paper to name some of the issues.
I witnessed a great floor show when the one of the kitchen staff came out to be fairly rude to the waiting staff in full view of the guests, although it does explain my lengthy wait for my mediocre food!
When I checked out I was asked if I enjoyed my stay, I replied no fully expecting them to ask my why so I could then explain my concerns, however the staff member just seemed a little shocked and didn't ask why.
Won't be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay at the hotel, i will be picking up your comments with all of the team today Especially housekeeping and the kitchen team.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon to show you true hospitality.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I stayed here for a week in February and whilst the hotel is ok, what you find is a lot of stuff is broken, chipped, faded, missing and out of date. My double room on the ground floor was reached via a corridor where the carpet had been taped together. There was a damp patch from a leak in the ceiling and all the walls had been scratched or chipped. My room was again in poor condition. Chipped paintwork, an illegal lamp in the bathroom, dangerous electrical sockets and just an uncomfortable experience.

The food in the restaurant and at breakfast is very poor. The service and attention almost non existent.

The leisure centre is again in need of attention. The jacuzzi never worked all week!

To sum up, I am disappointed. Not the most comfortable experience.

Stayed: February 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the hotel, My sincere apologies regarding the Jacuzzi this is a supplier issue and should be resolved this week.

I will be picking up your comments with the housekeeping and kitchen team today. This is not the level of service that we offer here at the hotel and i am exceptionally disappointed to read such comments.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I stayed at The Holiday Inn Elstree, initially for one night but they kindly arranged a second night for me at short notice.

It is a very large hotel but was like the Mary Celeste, there didn’t appear to be many people staying at all.

The staff the exceptionally friendly and helpful, on the first night I didn’t arrive till very late so didn’t try the bar / restaurant, had breakfast on two mornings and selection was good and eggs cooked to your choosing, again staff were so nice, had a snack lunch and dinner on the second day, food was good, evening meal very well cooked and served nicely by young waiter with personality.

I was allocated a suite, which to be honest has seen it’s day, was so dated, bed uncomfortable and furniture very old, bathroom was large with a stand up shower but no power socket for my electric toothbrush, which in this day an age is essential.
I was looking forward to a swim but the pool was so small.

I suspect this hotel survives on coach trips and functions, only thing that made it for me was the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms are very dated.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi RKHKent,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn London - Elstree for your lodging needs and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the condition of our property and room assigned to you. Also, I understand that you had issues with our pool facility as well. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. As IHG wants to make your every stay flawless, your thoughts are taken into account and are shared with our maintenance team to be used as a reference to better your next experience with us.

On the upside, it's good to know that you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff. I've shared your compliments with the team and have been acknowledged by the hotel management.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to hear back from you soon and be of further assistance, RKHKent!

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here for several weeks due to work. The staff are friendly and pleasant. Food was decent the one time I’ve eaten in the restaurant. Rooms are clean although one time my room was missed from being cleaned on one occasion.

All that being said I can’t stay there again. The wifi is uselsss. Less than 10 foot from the wifi point and I can barely use Facebook. It was hit and miss depending on room but it’s got worse over the last 3 weeks to being unusable. I couldn’t launch Netflix never mind stream for 2 weeks in different rooms both on different floors and wifi points. If your on holiday probably isn’t a problem but coming back from work where you may need to do more, fancy watching a film or playing a game - it is.

Complained a couple of times and they said it was the most common complaint they receive.

Thanks to the lovely staff for making me feel welcome and looking after me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AStuart
emmaraybould, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for feeding back to us regarding your stay, i have picked this up with the management team and will be looking to rectify this issue in the coming weeks. So i do hope that we can welcome you back.

Thank you for your comments regarding the team i will ensure these are passed on.