North Star Leytonstone
Review Highlights
Best pub in leyonestone

Great Thai food on the menu. Good friendly atmosphere. Hidden gem. As residents of leytonstone it... read more

Reviewed 14 September 2018
Matthew G
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Excellent Thai food

The pub is in leytonstone Kevin the publican is an excellent operator and his wife is Thai and... read more

Reviewed 25 August 2018

from US$19.72
from US$46.00
from US$78.86
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Nice little bar situated in Leytonstone village very friendly staff and Great food something for everyone from Pizza to Thai is available always a good choice of real ale. Well worth a visit if your in the area.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 20 January 2017

A great pub with a nice beer garden in the summer and great food on offer (Pizza and This food at certain times of the week), they do a fun pub quiz on a Sunday too and the staff are very friendly. Would recommend to anyone!

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Having had pizzas in the past, and enjoyed them immensely, we opted to try the Thai food on Friday last. I love Pad Thai and this was just a delight, the nicest I can remember. Himself had melt in the mouth beef massaman curry. The beer was a great too!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 29 September 2016

I was here with my family at the weekend. Evidently this is a popular pub. Staff were friendly, there was a good range of beers and by London standards I didn't think pints were too dear. There was Thai food available, but we sat in the back and had pizzas. My wife and I had the Four Cheese pizzas - very tasty, a bit greasy but they were Four Cheese after all. My wife thought a thicker crust might have soaked that up a bit. Pizzas were £8 each which we thought was fine. I saw a dog in the place so yes, it does appear to be pet friendly.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Yea a sad story of changing neighbourhood and community

Living in Leytonstone for twenty five year the Star and its sister pub the Bell on the High road ( run by sister!) were the pubs to hit but like most of the tied houses margins tightening and islamification has reduced trade. Both are shadows of their former glory

The Star had great food then outsoursed as a Asian themed foodie for a few years but that too dident cut the mustard.

The " Leytonstone village" set have kept it going through the leaner years and as now an infrequent visitor you get the feeling of it being very cleckie. You sit down and you feel the whole pub wants to know what you're doing there

I think the pub really suffered when three years ago the Red Lion reopened as a upmarket drinking spot and really cleaned the floor of all the non JDWitherspoon customers and I see no change in the near future.

With the exception of the Leytonstone festival once a year when the Star is the focus of live music and crack, I see it as a haunted house remembering better times.

Sorry if it sounds harsh I certainly used to love it fifteen years ago !

Date of experience: September 2016